Scholarships - Reg Russom Memorial - Banner
Scholarships - Reg Russom Memorial - Content
Reg Russom Memorial Drawing Prize
The Reg Russom Memorial Drawing Prize was first awarded in 1955 to honour one of the early Head Teachers of the Newcastle Art School, Reg Russom. Emerging artists residing in the Hunter region are invited to submit a drawing of the human figure for entry in the Prize.
The prize is awarded annually, and is valued at $1,000.
Closing date: 5 pm Tuesday, 29 October 2019
To be eligible, you must:
- Be an emerging artist residing in the Hunter region. An emerging artist is either an art student or artist in the formative stages of their career
- Submit 1 (one) drawing of the human figure in any drawing medium
- Only one piece of work can be submitted per entrant
- Entries must be presented in a Bainbridge board mount with a firmboard backing (not framed or under glass)
- The entrant’s name should be clearly written on the reverse of the work.
- The artwork’s surface must be fixed with a drawing medium fixative
- Entrants must complete the entry form and declaration, then attach it to the back of drawing
- The winning entry will become the property of the Hunter TAFE Foundation
- As hanging space for the 2019 exhibition will be limited, entrants are advised that entries may be preselected, and only those works considered by the judge to be worthy, will be hung for the exhibition
- The judge’s decision will be final and no correspondence will be entered into
- Selected entries will be displayed at TAFE NSW Hunter Street Gallery from 4 to 15 November 2019. Viewing hours are between 11 am to 5 pm
Download and complete the application form. Ensure you sign the declaration and attach all relevant supporting documents.
Scan and email the Application form with supporting documents to: firstname.lastname@example.org by 5 pm Tuesday, 29 October 2019.
Announcement of Winner
10.30 am Wednesday 6 November 2019
Newcastle Art School
TAFE NSW Hunter Street
590 - 608 Hunter Street
For more information or details, please contact email@example.com