Search Fix - Liquor Licensee - Enterprise
Licensee - Banner
Licensee - Content
LIQUOR LICENSEE TRAINING NSW
Meet the new liquor licence requirements in NSW
In November 2018, to enhance liquor industry training standards across New South Wales, Liquor and Gaming NSW introduced two new higher level training courses for most Licensees, approved managers and club secretaries of licensed venues across the state. Licensee and Advanced Licensee courses NSW will become mandatory from 1 April 2019.
The new courses are designed to support operators of licensed premises in meeting their obligations under NSW liquor laws, while providing safe, vibrant and welcoming environments for patrons. Building on the existing Responsible Service of Alcohol (RSA) training, which is the foundation for selling, serving or supplying alcohol, the new courses enable frontline staff, licensees and approved managers to access training to support them in their jobs.
Choose the right course for your needs:
Licensee Course NSW
Who is the Licensee training course for?
Licensee training is suitable for most owners, managers, supervisors or anyone who wishes to apply for a NSW liquor licence. It is also for people who would like to work in senior roles with more responsibilities.
What topics does the Licensee training course cover?
- Overview of liquor regulation in NSW
- Managing your liquor licence
- Your responsibilities to manage alcohol related harms
- Best practice strategies to prevent alcohol related harms
- Compliance and enforcement
Advanced Licensee Course NSW
Who is the Advanced Licensee training course for?
The Advanced Licensee course is additional training for owners, managers or supervisors who require a NSW liquor licence for a venue deemed by Liquor and Gaming NSW to be higher risk. Typically, this involves venues that serve liquor regularly after midnight. i.e. pubs, bars, clubs, hotels, night clubs.
What topics does the Advanced Licensee training course cover?
- Overview of liquor regulation in higher risk environments in NSW
- Leading a culture of compliance
- NSW Government and industry approaches to minimise alcohol related harms
- Minimising risk of alcohol related harms in your business
- PART A: Risk management
- PART B: Best practice strategies to control risk
- PART C: Leading a compliant business
Who do the NSW Licensee courses apply to?
The Licensee and Advanced Licensee training courses will be mandatory for:
- Most people applying for a new liquor licence or transfer of existing licence to another person or premises from 1 September 2018
- Existing licensees will be required to complete the courses from 1 April 2019, aligned to the renewal of their existing NSW competency card
Why choose TAFE NSW for Licensee and Advanced Licensee training?
Only a Registered Training Organisation (RTO) approved by Liquor and Gaming NSW can conduct Licensee training and issue certificates. TAFE NSW is an approved RTO, with industry expert trainers with recent commercial experience who are education and training specialists. We offer:
- training* at over 130 locations throughout NSW
- flexible online learning options
Go beyond liquor compliance, get ahead of the game when you undertake the TAFE NSW Liquor Licensee training.
* not all courses are offered at all locations.