Mature Age Workers
Scholarships - Mature Age Workers - Content
Mature Age Workers
Are you 35 or older, looking for work and wanting to retrain or upgrade your skills?
You may be eligible for a fee-free place in a Smart and Skilled Certificate II, Certificate III or Certificate IV qualification. Fee-free places are available in all subject areas.
The workplace is changing rapidly. New jobs are appearing every day and technology is reshaping existing jobs. Studying at TAFE NSW can help you get back into the workforce or stay ahead of restructuring.
As well as fee-free training, TAFE NSW can provide career advice and a learning plan that takes into account your skills, your experience, and your support needs.
Closing date: an ongoing end date
To be eligible, you must:
- Live in New South Wales
- Be an Australian citizen or permanent resident
- Be aged 35 or over when you commence your training
- Enrol in a Certificate II, III or IV Smart and Skilled qualification
- Be unemployed and looking for work, or have recently been made redundant
To show your eligibility, you’ll need:
- A Centrelink Reference Number (CRN) if you’re receiving Newstart
- Proof of registration with a Job Active provider*
- Written confirmation from your employer that you have been made redundant
Download and complete the application form. Ensure you sign the declaration and attach all relevant supporting documents.
Scan and email the Application form with supporting documents to: email@example.com by an ongoing end date.
What to do next
Places are limited so even if you meet the criteria, you’re not guaranteed a fee waiver.
- Check your eligibility
- Get your Job Active ID*
- Explore our courses
- For more information Contact us or call the TAFE NSW Contact Centre on 13 16 01.
*You can register with a Job Active provider even if you’re not receiving Centrelink benefits.