International Course Info
INTERNATIONAL ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
When you study with TAFE NSW, we want you to succeed. Entry requirements allow us to make sure that you have the right pre-existing knowledgeand skills to achieve your chosen qualification. You will need to provide evidence that you meet the requirements listed in this section.
English Language Requirements:
- Academic IELTS 5.5 or TOEFL (iBT) 46 or equivalent
- Or Completion of a TAFE NSW General English Program
TAFE NSW makes every effort to ensure your Language, Literacy and Numeracy (LLN) needs are met. The level of support you require may be assessed via a review of your LLN skills with written tasks and a one-on-one interview. If you need to strengthen your LLN skills, an individual training plan will be created with you.
To be prepared for this course, it is recommended that you have:
- Access to a computer or laptop with a strong internet connection
- Good organisational skills and the ability to multitask
- Have completed the Certificate IV in Information Technology
- Have work experience in the information technology networking industry
If you need help preparing for study, contact us about your options.
No licensing, legislative or certification requirements apply to this qualification at the time of publication.
STARTING DATES, COURSE FEES AND LOCATIONS
From mountains to oceans, from cities to country towns, international students can choose from a range of courses offered at multiple campus locations across the state. Experience our vibrant spaces such as libraries, cafes and gyms as well as places you can network and socialise.
Learn more about TAFE NSW study locations
|Locations||Starting Dates||Course Fees|
|St Leonards||Feb , Jul||A$13,750|
|Locations||Starting Dates||Course Fees|
|St Leonards||Feb , Jul||A$15,120|
Additional costs for uniforms, equipment, textbooks and materials (if applicable) range from A$300 - $1,000 per course.
COURSE STRUCTURE AND UNITS
To receive this course students must complete all core units and a range of Additional units.
Note: Additional units may vary between each semester and campus, and will depend on a number of considerations including the packaging rules for the qualification and demand for the unit at that location. TAFE NSW does not guarantee that speciality units listed will be offered at each location and semester. You will receive your timetable from the teaching section on commencement and speciality units offered will be provided at that time.
- Packaging Rules Total number of units = 20
- 6 core units plus 14 elective units, of which:
- at least 10 units must be selected from the elective units listed below
- up to 4 units may be selected from the remaining listed elective units or from this or any currently endorsed Training Package or accredited course
- Core Units
- BSBCRT512 Originate and develop concepts
- BSBXCS402 Promote workplace cyber security awareness and best practices
- BSBXTW401 Lead and facilitate a team
- ICTICT517 Match ICT needs with the strategic direction of the organisation
- ICTICT532 Apply IP, ethics and privacy in ICT environments
- ICTSAS527 Manage client problems
- ICTNWK538 Install and maintain valid authentication processes
- ICTNWK546 Manage network security
- ICTWEB517 Create web-based programs
- ICTWEB513 Build dynamic websites
- ICTWEB514 Create dynamic web pages
- ICTDBS507 Integrate databases with websites
- ICTNWK559 Install an enterprise vitural computing environment
- ICTNWK557 Configure and manage advanced virtual computing environments
- ICTNWK536 Plan, implement and test enterprise communication solutions
- ICTNWK540 Design, build and test network servers
- ICTPMG505 Manage ICT projects
- ICTPRG530 Manage projects using software management tools
- ICTICT430 Apply software development methodologies
- ICTICT523 Gather data to identify business requirements
KEEP LEARNING WITH TAFE NSW
From certificates to diplomas, degrees to study packages, you can take your study further with us.
Take your learning to the next level with a TAFE NSW Information Technology study pathway:
- Master your skills with a TAFE NSW Degree - Bachelor of Information Technology (Cyber & Network Security) or Bachelor of Information Technology (Data Engineering)
Plan your study around your life with a TAFE NSW study package. Our study packages allow for multiple courses to be packaged together that can lead you to a TAFE NSW or an Australian University Bachelor Degree with credits. This gives you a one stop shop by completing your applications for the whole package through TAFE NSW allowing you to apply for one student Visa for the full duration of the package.
TAFE NSW allows for two or more courses to be packaged together, either to meet the prerequisite requirements for a course or to plan your studies around your career goals. You can submit a single TAFE NSW application form and will be able to apply for one Student Visa for the full duration of the package.
TAFE NSW allows for two or more courses to be packaged together leading to a TAFE NSW Bachelor Degree, either to meet the prerequisite requirements for a course or to plan your studies around your career goals. You can submit a single TAFE NSW application form and will be able to apply for one Student Visa for the full duration of the package.