International Course Info
A$7,560 - A$8,310
LEARN NEW SKILLS
Through course work, you will learn to:
- Use different colours in your designs
- Apply design techniques to 2D and 3D shapes and forms
- Use your drawings as a tool to express ideas and thoughts
- Work safely and follow health and safety rules in the design industry
- Research for the design industry
GAIN PRACTICAL EXPERIENCE
TAFE NSW is known for delivering practical training so you can uncover your creative specialisation:
- Draw free hand illustrations
- Learn a range of illustration techniques
- Construct and manipulate 3D models
- Design digital pieces
- Manipulate paints to create different outcomes
- Produce digital presentations
DEVELOP YOUR PROFESSIONAL CONFIDENCE
Stand out in a global job market by developing a range of professional skills that will give you the confidence to showcase your designs:
- Communicate with co-workers, clients and peers
- Learn to take direction
- Work independently and collaboratively
GLOBAL INDUSTRY DEMAND
The global market for design services is set to reach AUD $386 billion by 2022, which is a growth rate of 13%. Key areas of growth include sustainable design services, graphic design and emerging international markets.
Tech trends are also influencing the design services market with:
- Increased use of virtual reality
- Augmented reality
- Online design services
INTERNATIONAL ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
When you study with TAFE NSW, we want you to succeed. Entry requirements allow us to make sure that you have the right pre-existing knowledgeand skills to achieve your chosen qualification. You will need to provide evidence that you meet the requirements listed in this section.
- Year 10 or equivalent
English Language Requirements:
TAFE NSW makes every effort to ensure your Language, Literacy and Numeracy (LLN) needs are met. The level of support you need may be assessed via a review of your LLN skills with written tasks and a one-on-one interview. If you need to strengthen your LLN skills, an individual training plan will be created with you.
To be prepared for this course, it is recommended that you have:
- A passion for being creative
- An interest in drawing and graphic design
- Curiosity in learning about the graphic design industry
If you need help preparing for study, contact us about your options.
No licensing, legislative or certification requirements apply to this qualification at the time of publication.
STARTING DATES, COURSE FEES AND LOCATIONS
From mountains to oceans, from cities to country towns, international students can choose from a range of courses offered at multiple campus locations across the state. Experience our vibrant spaces such as libraries, cafes and gyms as well as places you can network and socialise.
Learn more about TAFE NSW study locations
|Locations||Starting Dates||Course Fees|
|Lidcombe||Feb , Jul||A$7,560|
|Locations||Starting Dates||Course Fees|
|Lidcombe||Feb , Jul||A$8,310|
Additional costs for uniforms, equipment, textbooks and materials (if applicable) range from A$300 - $1,000 per course.
CAMPUS FACILITIES AND SUPPORT
TAFE NSW offers you a range of on campus study environments you will have access to industry specific computer rooms, simulated workplaces, study and presentation areas as well as general student facilities to enhance your learning and student experience.
Student facilities, amenities and support services include:
- TAFE NSW Disability Support Service
- TAFE NSW Language, Literacy and Numeracy (LLN) support
- TAFE NSW Careers, Counselling and Pathways Service
- Smarthinking - online access to a tutor
- LinkedIn Learning - an online resource that offers innovative courses and tutorials to improve your personal and professional skills
COURSE STRUCTURE AND UNITS
To receive this course students must complete all core units and a range of Additional units.
Note: Additional units may vary between each semester and campus, and will depend on a number of considerations including the packaging rules for the qualification and demand for the unit at that location. TAFE NSW does not guarantee that speciality units listed will be offered at each location and semester. You will receive your timetable from the teaching section on commencement and speciality units offered will be provided at that time.
- Packaging Rules Total number of units = 12
- 7 core units plus
- 5 elective units, of which:
- 3 must be from the electives listed below
- 2 may be from the remaining listed electives or any currently endorsed training package qualification or accredited course.
- Elective units must be relevant to the work environment and the qualification,
- Core Units
- CUAACD311 Produce drawings to communicate ideas
- CUADES201 Follow a design process
- CUADES301 Explore the use of colour
- CUADES302 Explore and apply the creative design process to 2D forms
- CUADES304 Source and apply design industry knowledge
- CUAPPR311 Produce creative work
- CUAWHS312 Apply work health and safety practices
- CUAACD314 Make scale models
- CUADES303 Explore and apply the creative design process to 3D forms
- CUADES305 Source and apply information on the history and theory of design
- CUAPPR314 Participate in collaborative creative projects
- ICPPRP3250 Create graphics using graphics applications
KEEP LEARNING WITH TAFE NSW
From certificates to diplomas, degrees to study packages, you can take your study further with us.
Take your career to the next level with a TAFE NSW Design study pathway:
- Expand your capabilities with the Certificate IV in Design (Graphic Design)
- Advance your existing knowledge with the Diploma of Graphic Design
Plan your study around your life with a TAFE NSW study package. Our study packages allow for multiple courses to be packaged together that can lead you to a TAFE NSW or an Australian University Bachelor Degree with credits. This gives you a one stop shop by completing your applications for the whole package through TAFE NSW allowing you to apply for one student Visa for the full duration of the package.
TAFE NSW allows for two or more courses to be packaged together, either to meet the prerequisite requirements for a course or to plan your studies around your career goals. You can submit a single TAFE NSW application form and will be able to apply for one Student Visa for the full duration of the package.