International Course Info
INTERNATIONAL ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
When you study with TAFE NSW, we want you to succeed. Entry requirements allow us to make sure that you have the right pre-existing knowledgeand skills to achieve your chosen qualification. You will need to provide evidence that you meet the requirements listed in this section.
- Year 10 or equivalent
- Academic IELTS 5.5 or TOEFL (iBT) 46 or equivalent
- Or Completion of a TAFE NSW General English Program
- Academic IELTS 6.0 or TOEFL (iBT) 60 with no score lower than 5.5 in any band (reading, writing, listening and speaking) or equivalent
- Or Completion of the TAFE NSW English for Academic Purposes (EAP)
Work placement helps you to apply your learning in a real-world environment. You will gain exposure to circumstances that cannot be experienced in a learning or simulated environment.
This course includes a total of 160 hours of work placement in an approved children's service.
A teacher will secure a work placement for you and assist with coordinating the workplace learning and other workplace activities you will undertake.
It's important to know that work placements generally only begin after your teacher is satisfied that you are ready to benefit from working in the industry. As this is a learning opportunity, you will not be paid for your time.
Before you start work placement:
- You must complete a Working With Children Check (WWCC) to participate in child-related work.
- Some services will require students to adhere to additional CoVID19 Health and Safety requirements.
- The current Public Health order directs that an education and care worker must not carry out relevant work on or after 8 November 2021 unless the worker has (a) 2 doses of a COVID-19 vaccine or (b) been issued with a medical contraindication certificate.
To be prepared for this course, you must be:
- Committed to completing the course work and workplace learning
- Physically fit to undertake tasks such as manual lifting
- Physically fit to provide First Aid, including performing CPR (Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation) while kneeling on the floor
If you require support in preparation for study, contact us about your options.
Under the Education and Care Services National Law (2011), the Australian Children’s Education and Care Quality Authority (ACECQA) publishes lists of approved early childhood education and care qualifications and information regarding regulatory requirements.
To understand Australian licensing requirements, please visit: ACECQA
STARTING DATES, COURSE FEES AND LOCATIONS
From mountains to oceans, from cities to country towns, international students can choose from a range of courses offered at multiple campus locations across the state. Experience our vibrant spaces such as libraries, cafes and gyms as well as places you can network and socialise.
Learn more about TAFE NSW study locations
|Locations||Starting Dates||Course Fees|
|Meadowbank||Apr , Jul||A$8,150|
|St Leonards||Jul (Full)||A$8,150|
|Wollongong||Feb , Jul||A$8,150|
|Locations||Starting Dates||Course Fees|
|Bankstown||Feb , Jul||A$8,150|
|Glendale||Feb , Jul||A$8,150|
|Loftus||Feb , Jul||A$8,150|
|Meadowbank||Feb , Jul||A$8,150|
|Nirimba||Feb , Jul||A$8,150|
|Petersham||Feb , Jul||A$8,150|
|Randwick||Feb , Jul||A$8,150|
|St Leonards||Feb , Jul||A$8,150|
Additional costs for uniforms, equipment, textbooks and materials (if applicable) range from A$300 - $1,000 per course.
COURSE STRUCTURE AND UNITS
To receive this course students must complete all core units and a range of Additional units.
Note: Additional units may vary between each semester and campus, and will depend on a number of considerations including the packaging rules for the qualification and demand for the unit at that location. TAFE NSW does not guarantee that speciality units listed will be offered at each location and semester. You will receive your timetable from the teaching section on commencement and speciality units offered will be provided at that time.
- Packaging Rules Total number of units = 17
- 15 core units
- 2 elective units, consisting of:1 unit from the list below
- 1 unit from the electives listed below, elsewhere in the CHC Community Services Training Package, or any other current Training Package or accredited course.
- Core Units
- CHCECE030 Support inclusion and diversity
- CHCECE031 Support children’s health, safety and wellbeing
- CHCECE032 Nurture babies and toddlers
- CHCECE033 Develop positive and respectful relationships with children
- CHCECE034 Use an approved learning framework to guide practice
- CHCECE035 Support the holistic learning and development of children
- CHCECE036 Provide experiences to support children’s play and learning
- CHCECE037 Support children to connect with the natural environment
- CHCECE038 Observe children to inform practice
- CHCECE054 Encourage understanding of Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander peoples’ cultures
- CHCECE055 Meet legal and ethical obligations in children’s education and care
- CHCECE056 Work effectively in children’s education and care
- CHCPRT001 Identify and respond to children and young people at risk
- HLTAID012 Provide First Aid in an education and care setting
- BSBSUS411 Implement and monitor environmentally sustainable work practices
- HLTFSE001 Follow basic food safety practices
- BSBSTR401 Promote innovation in team environments
- CHCDIV001 Work with diverse people
- CHCECE039 Comply with family day care administration requirements
- CHCECE040 Attend to daily functions in home-based child care
- CHCPRP003 Reflect on and improve own professional practice
KEEP LEARNING WITH TAFE NSW
From certificates to diplomas, degrees to study packages, you can take your study further with us.
Build your expertise with a TAFE NSW Early Childhood study pathway:
- Advance your existing knowledge with the Diploma of Early Childhood Education and Care
- Master your skills with the TAFE NSW Degrees - Bachelor of Early Childhood Education and Care (Birth – 5)
Plan your study around your life with a TAFE NSW study package. Our study packages allow for multiple courses to be packaged together that can lead you to a TAFE NSW or an Australian University Bachelor Degree with credits. This gives you a one stop shop by completing your applications for the whole package through TAFE NSW allowing you to apply for one student Visa for the full duration of the package.
TAFE NSW allows for two or more courses to be packaged together, either to meet the prerequisite requirements for a course or to plan your studies around your career goals. You can submit a single TAFE NSW application form and will be able to apply for one Student Visa for the full duration of the package.
TAFE NSW allows for two or more courses to be packaged together leading to a TAFE NSW Bachelor Degree, either to meet the prerequisite requirements for a course or to plan your studies around your career goals. You can submit a single TAFE NSW application form and will be able to apply for one Student Visa for the full duration of the package.