International Course Info
This qualification reflects the role of a variety of workers who use a range of factual, technical and procedural knowledge to provide assistance to health professional staff in the care of clients. Health Services Assistance involves the worker in direct client contact under supervision.
This qualification has been structured with elective groups for specific work functions in operating theatre support and assisting in nursing work in acute care. In addition the qualification supports multiskilling requirements of smaller and rural/remote work settings.
Work Placement Requirements:
You will be required to undertake a minimum work placement requirement of 80 hours.
Prior to clinical placement, you should be aware that you will need to undergo occupational screening and be vaccinated against infectious diseases.
- For further information on required vaccinations please see the following link: Occupational assessment, screening and vaccination against specified infectious diseases.
- You will also be required to undertake a Criminal Record Check and complete a Prohibited Employment Declaration. https://www.nationalcrimecheck.com.au/
Subject area: Nursing
- Academic IELTS 5.5 or TOEFL (iBT) 46 or English Language Programs (Beginner to Advanced) at TAFE NSW or equivalent
- If English is your primary language and you have attended and satisfactorily completed at least three years of primary and secondary education taught and assessed in English in one of the recognised countries, including at least one year between years 7 and 12. (Recognised countries are Australia, Canada, New Zealand, Republic of Ireland, South Africa, United Kingdom, USA)
- OR Completion of two years of secondary, vocational or tertiary education taught and assessed in English in one of the recognised countries above
- OR Achievement of PTE Academic: minimum overall score of 42 and a minimum score of 42 in each of the four communicative skills (listening, reading, writing and speaking)
- OR achievement of a minimum pass at 'C" level in each of the four components (reading, writing, listening and speaking)of the Occupational English Test (OET) for Nurses
- OR Cambridge Certificate of Advanced English scale of 162
|Castle Hill||Total course fee: A$10,190||Enrol: Feb , Jul|
|Kingswood||Total course fee: A$10,190||Enrol: Feb , Apr , Jul|
|St Leonards||Total course fee: A$10,190||Enrol: Feb (Full) , Jul|
|Ultimo||Total course fee: A$10,190||Enrol: Feb (Full) , Jul|
|St Leonards||Total course fee: A$10,190||Enrol: Feb , Jul|
|Ultimo||Total course fee: A$10,190||Enrol: Feb , Jul|
COURSE STRUCTURE AND UNITS
To receive the Certificate III in Health Services Assistance (Assisting in Nursing Work in Acute Care) students must complete all core units and, if available, a range of additional units.
Note: Additional units contain compulsory and elective units which may vary between each semester and campus, and will depend on a number of considerations including the packaging rules for the qualification and demand for the unit.CORE UNITS ADDITIONAL UNITS
Course fees and duration can vary based on the Institute you want to study at, the entry requirements for the course, and the year you will begin study.
Additional costs for uniforms, equipment, textbooks and materials (if applicable) range from A$300 - $1,000 per course.
Occupational titles may include:
- Assistant in nursing
- Nursing assistant
- Operating theatre technician
- Nursing support worker
- Theatre support
- Patient service attendant
- Ward assistant
- Patient support assistant
- Patient care assistant
- Ward support