International Course Info
INTERNATIONAL ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
When you study with TAFE NSW, we want you to succeed. Entry requirements allow us to make sure that you have the right pre-existing knowledgeand skills to achieve your chosen qualification. You will need to provide evidence that you meet the requirements listed in this section.
- Year 10 or equivalent
English Language Requirements:
- Academic IELTS 6.0 or TOEFL (iBT) 60 or equivalent
- Or Completion of a TAFE NSW English for Academic Purposes (EAP)
· Submission of a
portfolio, design or written task. Download document
TAFE NSW makes every effort to ensure your Language, Literacy and Numeracy (LLN) needs are met. The level of support you need may be assessed via a review of your LLN skills with written tasks and a one-on-one interview. If you need to strengthen your LLN skills, an individual training plan will be created with you.
To be prepared for this course, it is recommended that you have:
- A flair for creativity
- Good illustration and drawing skills with an enthusiasm to produce graphics for 2D and 3D objects and designs
- A strong interest in advertising, visual communication and visual story telling on a corporate platform
- A passion for publishing
No licensing, legislative or certification requirements apply to this qualification at the time of publication.
STARTING DATES, COURSE FEES AND LOCATIONS
From mountains to oceans, from cities to country towns, international students can choose from a range of courses offered at multiple campus locations across the state. Experience our vibrant spaces such as libraries, cafes and gyms as well as places you can network and socialise.
Learn more about TAFE NSW study locations
|Design Centre Enmore
|Feb , Jul
|Design Centre Enmore
|Feb , Jul
Additional costs for uniforms, equipment, textbooks and materials (if applicable) range from A$300 - $1,000 per course.
COURSE STRUCTURE AND UNITS
To receive this course students must complete all core units and a range of Additional units.
Note: Additional units may vary between each semester and campus, and will depend on a number of considerations including the packaging rules for the qualification and demand for the unit at that location. TAFE NSW does not guarantee that speciality units listed will be offered at each location and semester. You will receive your timetable from the teaching section on commencement and speciality units offered will be provided at that time.
- Packaging Rules Total number of units = 19
- 9 core units plus 10 elective units, of which:
- 6 must be from the electives listed below
- 4 may be from the remaining listed electives or any currently endorsed training package qualification or accredited course.
- Core Units
- CUAACD531 - Refine drawing and other visual representation tools
- CUADES413 - Develop and extend design skills and practice
- CUAGRD501 - Research visual communication history and theory
- CUAGRD502 - Produce graphic designs for 2-D and 3-D applications
- CUAGRD503 - Produce typographic design solutions
- CUAGRD514 - Create and manipulate graphics
- CUAGRD515 - Design and manipulate complex layouts
- CUAGRD516 - Develop graphic design practice to meet industry needs
- CUAPPR513 - Present a body of own creative work
- CUAILL401 - Develop and refine illustrative work
- CUAILL511 - Develop professional illustrations
- CUAILL512 - Refine illustration techniques
- CUAACD532 - Create observational drawings
- CUAACD533 - Select and refine a specialised drawing technique
- CUAACD534 - Research and apply light and colour
- CUAACD536 - Refine 2-D design ideas and processes
- CUAACD537 - Refine 3-D design ideas and processes
- CUADES511 - Implement design solutions
- CUADIG519 - Investigate technologies for the creation of digital art
KEEP LEARNING WITH TAFE NSW
From certificates to diplomas, degrees to study packages, you can take your study further with us.
Take your learning to the next level with a TAFE NSW Design pathway:
Plan your study around your life with a TAFE NSW study package. Our study packages allow for multiple courses to be packaged together that can lead you to a TAFE NSW or an Australian University Bachelor Degree with credits. This gives you a one stop shop by completing your applications for the whole package through TAFE NSW allowing you to apply for one student Visa for the full duration of the package.
TAFE NSW allows for two or more courses to be packaged together, either to meet the prerequisite requirements for a course or to plan your studies around your career goals. You can submit a single TAFE NSW application form and will be able to apply for one Student Visa for the full duration of the package.