International Course Info
INTERNATIONAL ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
When you study with TAFE NSW, we want you to succeed. Entry requirements allow us to make sure that you have the right pre-existing knowledgeand skills to achieve your chosen qualification. You will need to provide evidence that you meet the requirements listed in this section.
- Year 10 or equivalent
English Language Requirements:
- Academic IELTS 6.0 or TOEFL (iBT) 60 or equivalent
- Or Completion of a TAFE NSW English for Academic Purposes (EAP)
· Submission of a portfolio, design or written task. Download document
TAFE NSW makes every effort to ensure your Language, Literacy and Numeracy (LLN) needs are met. The level of support you need may be assessed via a review of your LLN skills with written tasks and a one-on-one interview. If you need to strengthen your LLN skills, an individual training plan will be created with you.
To be prepared for this course, it is recommended that you have:
- A flair for creativity
- Good illustration and drawing skills with an enthusiasm to produce graphics for 2D and 3D objects and designs
- A strong interest in advertising, visual communication and visual story telling on a corporate platform
- A passion for publishing
No licensing, legislative or certification requirements apply to this qualification at the time of publication.
STARTING DATES, COURSE FEES AND LOCATIONS
From mountains to oceans, from cities to country towns, international students can choose from a range of courses offered at multiple campus locations across the state. Experience our vibrant spaces such as libraries, cafes and gyms as well as places you can network and socialise.
Learn more about TAFE NSW study locations
|Locations||Starting Dates||Course Fees|
|Design Centre Enmore||Jul||A$13,240|
|Locations||Starting Dates||Course Fees|
|Design Centre Enmore||Feb , Jul||A$13,240|
Additional costs for uniforms, equipment, textbooks and materials (if applicable) range from A$300 - $1,000 per course.
COURSE STRUCTURE AND UNITS
To receive this course students must complete all core units and a range of Additional units.
Note: Additional units may vary between each semester and campus, and will depend on a number of considerations including the packaging rules for the qualification and demand for the unit at that location. TAFE NSW does not guarantee that speciality units listed will be offered at each location and semester. You will receive your timetable from the teaching section on commencement and speciality units offered will be provided at that time.
- Packaging Rules Total number of units = 19
- 9 core units plus 10 elective units, of which:
- 6 must be from the electives listed below
- 4 may be from the remaining listed electives or any currently endorsed training package qualification or accredited course.
- Core Units
- CUAACD531 Refine drawing and other visual representation tools
- CUADES413 Develop and extend design skills and practice
- CUAGRD501 Research visual communication history and theory
- CUAGRD502 Produce graphic designs for 2-D and 3-D applications
- CUAGRD503 Produce typographic design solutions
- CUAGRD514 Create and manipulate graphics
- CUAGRD515 Design and manipulate complex layouts
- CUAGRD516 Develop graphic design practice to meet industry needs
- CUAPPR513 Present a body of own creative work
- CUAILL401 Develop and refine illustrative work
- CUAILL511 Develop professional illustrations
- CUAILL512 Refine illustration techniques
- CUAACD532 Create observational drawings
- CUAACD533 Select and refine a specialised drawing technique
- CUAACD534 Research and apply light and colour
- CUAACD536 Refine 2-D design ideas and processes
- CUAACD537 Refine 3-D design ideas and processes
- CUADES511 Implement design solutions
- CUADIG519 Investigate technologies for the creation of digital art
KEEP LEARNING WITH TAFE NSW
From certificates to diplomas, degrees to study packages, you can take your study further with us.
Take your learning to the next level with a TAFE NSW Design pathway:
- Master your skills with the Advanced Diploma of Graphic Design
Plan your study around your life with a TAFE NSW study package. Our study packages allow for multiple courses to be packaged together that can lead you to a TAFE NSW or an Australian University Bachelor Degree with credits. This gives you a one stop shop by completing your applications for the whole package through TAFE NSW allowing you to apply for one student Visa for the full duration of the package.