International Course Info
A$12,420 - A$13,660
LEARN NEW SKILLS
Through theory and practical course work, you will learn to:
- Establish, negotiate and refine a design brief
- Develop your typographic design expertise
- Execute graphic designs for complex briefs
- Collaborate with clients
- Undertake project work
- Establish and maintain an environmentally sustainable work practice
GAIN PRACTICAL EXPERIENCE
Strengthen your real-world skills in design:
- Hand drawing and illustration
- 3D design and construction
- Digital design and illustration techniques
- Publishing techniques
- Creative problem solving solutions
- Teamwork and collaborative preparation
- Produce typography that supports the overall design solution
- Use industry software
DEVELOP YOUR PROFESSIONAL CONFIDENCE
Develop the attributes to help you get ahead:
- A passion for exploring innovation in visual communication, advertising, publishing, digital and 3D design
- Excellent communication skills
- The ability to follow briefs
- Strong collaborative skills to work in a team and with clients
- A willingness to take professional feedback
- A desire to learn the business side of the graphic design industry
GLOBAL INDUSTRY DEMAND
The global market for interior, industrial, graphic and fashion design services is forecast to reach US$249.5 billion by 2022 at a compound annual growth rate of 13% from 2018 to 2022.
Graphic design is the second most popular design skill sought by employers, after User Experience (UX). Labour shortages are occurring in tech design for smartphones, tablets and IoT (Internet of Things), as well as social media, marketing, print and brand identity work.
INTERNATIONAL ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
When you study with TAFE NSW, we want you to succeed. Entry requirements allow us to make sure that you have the right pre-existing knowledgeand skills to achieve your chosen qualification. You will need to provide evidence that you meet the requirements listed in this section.
English Language Requirements:
- Academic IELTS 6.0 or TOEFL (iBT) 60 or equivalent
- Or Completion of a TAFE NSW English for Academic Purposes (EAP)
- For direct entry into this course submission of a portfolio, design or written task is required for assessment. Download document
- TAFE NSW makes every effort to ensure your Language, Literacy and Numeracy (LLN) needs are met. The level of support you need may be assessed via a review of your LLN skills with written tasks and a one-on-one interview. If you need to strengthen your LLN skills, an individual training plan will be created with you.
To be prepared for this course, it is recommended that you:
- Possess a strong interest in areas of design
- Have the ability to think creatively
- Be willing to work collaboratively on creative design
- Be able to solve problems creatively
- Good communication, organisational and project management skills
If you need help preparing for study, contact us about your options.
No licensing, legislative or certification requirements apply to this qualification at the time of publication.
STARTING DATES, COURSE FEES AND LOCATIONS
From mountains to oceans, from cities to country towns, international students can choose from a range of courses offered at multiple campus locations across the state. Experience our vibrant spaces such as libraries, cafes and gyms as well as places you can network and socialise.
Learn more about TAFE NSW study locations
|Locations||Starting Dates||Course Fees|
|Design Centre Enmore||Feb , Jul||A$12,420|
|Locations||Starting Dates||Course Fees|
|Design Centre Enmore||Feb , Jul||A$13,660|
Additional costs for uniforms, equipment, textbooks and materials (if applicable) range from A$300 - $1,000 per course.
CAMPUS FACILITIES AND SUPPORT
TAFE NSW offers you a range of on campus study environments you will have access to industry specific computer rooms, simulated workplaces, study and presentation areas as well as general student facilities to enhance your learning and student experience.
Student facilities, amenities and support services include:
- TAFE NSW Disability Support Service
- TAFE NSW Language, Literacy and Numeracy (LLN) support
- TAFE NSW Careers, Counselling and Pathways Service
- Smarthinking - online access to a tutor
- LinkedIn Learning - an online resource that offers innovative courses and tutorials to improve your personal and professional skills
COURSE STRUCTURE AND UNITS
To receive this course students must complete all core units and a range of Additional units.
Note: Additional units may vary between each semester and campus, and will depend on a number of considerations including the packaging rules for the qualification and demand for the unit at that location. TAFE NSW does not guarantee that speciality units listed will be offered at each location and semester. You will receive your timetable from the teaching section on commencement and speciality units offered will be provided at that time.
- Packaging Rules Total number of units = 15
- 6 core units plus 9 elective units, of which:
- 6 must be from the electives listed below
- 3 may be from the remaining listed electives or any currently endorsed training package qualification or accredited course.
- Core Units
- CUADES512 Establish, negotiate and refine a design brief
- CUADES611 Manage design realisation
- CUAGRD603 Extend typographic design expertise
- CUAGRD611 Engage in the business of graphic design
- CUAGRD612 Originate graphic designs for complex briefs
- CUAPPR612 Collaborate in professional creative projects
- CUAACD536 Refine 2-D design ideas and processes
- CUADIG512 Design digital applications
- CUADIG516 Design interactions
- CUADIG518 Refine digital art techniques
- CUADIG519 Investigate technologies for the creation of digital art
- CUAGRD616 Develop graphic designs for packaging
- CUAGRD617 Develop graphic designs for branding and identity
- CUAPPR514 Establish and maintain environmentally sustainable creative practice
- CUAPPR614 Publicly present a body of own creative work
- CUAPPR615 Evolve ideas for professional creative work
KEEP LEARNING WITH TAFE NSW
From certificates to diplomas, degrees to study packages, you can take your study further with us.
Whatever your career ambitions, we will help you get there with a range of courses to develop your skills, build your knowledge and prepare you for work.
TAFE NSW is here to create exceptional learner experiences and provide quality, personalised services to make sure you achieve your goals.
Explore your study options across a range of disciplines and talk to your TAFE NSW Education Agent or contact us.
Plan your study around your life with a TAFE NSW study package. Our study packages allow for multiple courses to be packaged together that can lead you to a TAFE NSW or an Australian University Bachelor Degree with credits. This gives you a one stop shop by completing your applications for the whole package through TAFE NSW allowing you to apply for one student Visa for the full duration of the package.
TAFE NSW allows for two or more courses to be packaged together, either to meet the prerequisite requirements for a course or to plan your studies around your career goals. You can submit a single TAFE NSW application form and will be able to apply for one Student Visa for the full duration of the package.