International Course Info
INTERNATIONAL ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
When you study with TAFE NSW, we want you to succeed. Entry requirements allow us to make sure that you have the right pre-existing knowledgeand skills to achieve your chosen qualification. You will need to provide evidence that you meet the requirements listed in this section.
- Year 10 or equivalent
English Language Requirements:
- Academic IELTS 5.5 or TOEFL (iBT) 46 or equivalent
- Or Completion of a TAFE NSW General English Program
TAFE NSW makes every effort to ensure your Language, Literacy and Numeracy (LLN) needs are met. The level of support you need may be assessed via a review of your LLN skills with written tasks and a one-on-one interview. If you need to strengthen your LLN skills, an individual training plan will be created with you
To be prepared for this course, it is recommended that you have:
- Basic computer operations knowledge and experience including Microsoft Office
- Basic communication skills
- An interest in communication and technology
If you need help preparing for study, contact us about your options.
No licensing, legislative or certification requirements apply to this qualification at the time of publication.
STARTING DATES, COURSE FEES AND LOCATIONS
From mountains to oceans, from cities to country towns, international students can choose from a range of courses offered at multiple campus locations across the state. Experience our vibrant spaces such as libraries, cafes and gyms as well as places you can network and socialise.
Learn more about TAFE NSW study locations
|Locations||Starting Dates||Course Fees|
|Blacktown||Feb , Jul||A$8,670|
|Meadowbank||Feb , Jul||A$8,670|
|Ultimo||Feb , Jul||A$8,670|
|Locations||Starting Dates||Course Fees|
|Blacktown||Feb , Jul||A$9,530|
|Meadowbank||Feb , Jul||A$9,530|
|Ultimo||Feb , Jul||A$9,530|
Additional costs for uniforms, equipment, textbooks and materials (if applicable) range from A$300 - $1,000 per course.
COURSE STRUCTURE AND UNITS
To receive this course students must complete all core units and a range of Additional units.
Note: Additional units may vary between each semester and campus, and will depend on a number of considerations including the packaging rules for the qualification and demand for the unit at that location. TAFE NSW does not guarantee that speciality units listed will be offered at each location and semester. You will receive your timetable from the teaching section on commencement and speciality units offered will be provided at that time.
- Packaging Rules Total number of units =12
- 6 core units plus 6 elective units,of which:
- at least 4 units must be selected from the elective units listed below
- Core Units
- BSBCRT301 Develop and extend critical and creative thinking skills
- BSBXCS303 Securely manage personally identifiable information and workplace information
- BSBXTW301 Work in a team
- ICTICT313 Identify IP, ethics and privacy policies in ICT environments
- ICTPRG302 Apply introductory programming techniques
- ICTSAS305 Provide ICT advice to clients
- ICTSAS310 Install, configure and secure a small office or home office network
- ICTSAS312 Provide basic system administration
- ICTNWK307 Provide network systems administration
- ICTNWK311 Install and test network protocols
- BSBXCS301 Protect own personal online profile from cyber security threats
- BSBXCS302 Identify and report online security threats
KEEP LEARNING WITH TAFE NSW
From certificates to diplomas, degrees to study packages, you can take your study further with us.
Build your expertise with a TAFE NSW Information Technology study pathway:
At TAFE NSW Blacktown, Meadowbank and Ultimo
- Expand your capabilities with the Certificate IV in Information Technology (Networking)
- Advance your existing knowledge with the Diploma of Information Technology (Advanced Networking and Cloud Architecture)
Plan your study around your life with a TAFE NSW study package. Our study packages allow for multiple courses to be packaged together that can lead you to a TAFE NSW or an Australian University Bachelor Degree with credits. This gives you a one stop shop by completing your applications for the whole package through TAFE NSW allowing you to apply for one student Visa for the full duration of the package.
TAFE NSW allows for two or more courses to be packaged together, either to meet the prerequisite requirements for a course or to plan your studies around your career goals. You can submit a single TAFE NSW application form and will be able to apply for one Student Visa for the full duration of the package.