International Course Info
INTERNATIONAL ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
When you study with TAFE NSW, we want you to succeed. Entry requirements allow us to make sure that you have the right pre-existing knowledgeand skills to achieve your chosen qualification. You will need to provide evidence that you meet the requirements listed in this section.
- Year 10 or equivalent
English Language Requirements:
- Academic IELTS 5.5 or TOEFL (iBT) 46 or equivalent
- Or Completion of a TAFE NSW General English Program
TAFE NSW makes every effort to ensure your Language, Literacy and Numeracy (LLN) needs are met. The level of support you need may be assessed via a review of your LLN skills with written tasks and a one-on-one interview. If you need to strengthen your LLN skills, an individual training plan will be created with you.
To be prepared for this course, it is highly recommended that you have:
- Intermediate math skills
- Intermediate computer skills to be confident in using industry standard building software programs
If you need help preparing for study, contact us about your options.
STARTING DATES, COURSE FEES AND LOCATIONS
From mountains to oceans, from cities to country towns, international students can choose from a range of courses offered at multiple campus locations across the state. Experience our vibrant spaces such as libraries, cafes and gyms as well as places you can network and socialise.
Learn more about TAFE NSW study locations
|Locations||Starting Dates||Course Fees|
|Locations||Starting Dates||Course Fees|
|Nirimba||Feb , Jul||A$14,680|
|Ultimo||Feb , Jul||A$14,680|
Additional costs for uniforms, equipment, textbooks and materials (if applicable) range from A$300 - $1,000 per course.
COURSE STRUCTURE AND UNITS
To receive this course students must complete all core units and a range of Additional units.
Note: Additional units may vary between each semester and campus, and will depend on a number of considerations including the packaging rules for the qualification and demand for the unit at that location. TAFE NSW does not guarantee that speciality units listed will be offered at each location and semester. You will receive your timetable from the teaching section on commencement and speciality units offered will be provided at that time.
- Packaging Rules
- To achieve this qualification, the candidate must demonstrate competency in:
- 19 units of competency:
- 11 core units
- 8 elective units.
- To achieve the occupational outcome of Builder electives must include:
- All Group A elective units
- Up to two elective units from either Group B or general electives.
- One elective unit may be from any training package or accredited course as long as it ensures the integrity of the qualification’s and contributes to a valid, industry supported vocational outcome
- Core Units
- CPCCBC4001 Apply building codes and standards to the construction process for Class 1 and 10 Buildings
- CPCCBC4002 Manage work health and safety in the building and construction workplace
- CPCCBC4007 Plan building or construction work
- CPCCBC4008 Supervise site communication and administration processes for building and construction projects
- CPCCBC4009 Apply legal requirements to building and construction projects
- CPCCBC4010 Apply structural principles to residential and commercial constructions
- CPCCBC4012 Read and interpret plans and specifications
- CPCCBC4014 Prepare simple building sketches and drawings
- CPCCBC4018 Apply site surveys and set-out procedures to building and construction projects
- CPCCBC4021 Minimise waste on the building and construction site
- CPCCBC4053 Apply building codes and standards to the construction process for Class 2 to 9, Type C Buildings
- BSBESB407 Manage finances for new business ventures
- CPCCBC4004 Identify and produce estimated costs for building and constructions projects
- CPCCBC4003 Select, prepare and administer a construction contract
- CPCCBC4024 Resolve business disputes
- BSBPMG422 Apply project quality management techniques
- CPCCBC4005 Produce labour and material schedules for ordering
- CPCCBC4006 Select, procure and store construction materials for building and construction projects
- CPCSUS4002 Use building science principles to construct energy efficient buildings
KEEP LEARNING WITH TAFE NSW
From certificates to diplomas, degrees to study packages, you can take your study further with us.
Build your expertise with a TAFE NSW Construction study pathway:
- Advance your existing knowledge with the TAFE NSW Diploma of Building and Construction (Building)
Plan your study around your life with a TAFE NSW study package. Our study packages allow for multiple courses to be packaged together that can lead you to a TAFE NSW or an Australian University Bachelor Degree with credits. This gives you a one stop shop by completing your applications for the whole package through TAFE NSW allowing you to apply for one student Visa for the full duration of the package.
TAFE NSW allows for two or more courses to be packaged together, either to meet the prerequisite requirements for a course or to plan your studies around your career goals. You can submit a single TAFE NSW application form and will be able to apply for one Student Visa for the full duration of the package.