International Course Info
INTERNATIONAL ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
When you study with TAFE NSW, we want you to succeed. Entry requirements allow us to make sure that you have the right pre-existing knowledgeand skills to achieve your chosen qualification. You will need to provide evidence that you meet the requirements listed in this section.
- Year 12 or equivalent
English Language Requirements:
- Academic IELTS 5.5 or TOEFL (iBT) 46 or equivalent
- Or Completion of a TAFE NSW General English Program
- Applicants seeking direct entry into Certificate IV in Information Technology (Web Development) are required to demonstrate the ability to build simple web pages and produce digital images for the web. These can be demonstrated by:
- Prior completion of Certificate III in Information Technology (Web Development) or
- Prior completion of other relevant qualifications or work experience.
These students may be required to attend an Interview. The interview will be conducted online using Microsoft Teams.
- Applicants who do not have the above stated qualification or experience will be required to study Certificate III in Information Technology (Web Development) as a pre-requisite and will be issued with a package offer.
TAFE NSW makes every effort to ensure your Language, Literacy and Numeracy (LLN) needs are met. The level of support you need may be assessed via a review of your LLN skills with written tasks and a one-on-one interview. If you need to strengthen your LLN skills, an individual training plan will be created with you.
To be prepared for this course, it is recommended that you have:
- Good digital literacy skills
- A general understanding of computers
- Basic knowledge of using the internet
- Access to a computer with a reliable internet connection
- The skills to use basic features of Microsoft Office such as Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
If you need help preparing for study, contact us about your options.
No licensing, legislative or certification requirements apply to this qualification at the time of publication.
STARTING DATES, COURSE FEES AND LOCATIONS
From mountains to oceans, from cities to country towns, international students can choose from a range of courses offered at multiple campus locations across the state. Experience our vibrant spaces such as libraries, cafes and gyms as well as places you can network and socialise.
Learn more about TAFE NSW study locations
|Locations||Starting Dates||Course Fees|
|Ultimo||Feb , Jul||A$11,330|
|Locations||Starting Dates||Course Fees|
|Ultimo||Feb , Jul||A$12,460|
Additional costs for uniforms, equipment, textbooks and materials (if applicable) range from A$300 - $1,000 per course.
COURSE STRUCTURE AND UNITS
To receive this course students must complete all core units and a range of Additional units.
Note: Additional units may vary between each semester and campus, and will depend on a number of considerations including the packaging rules for the qualification and demand for the unit at that location. TAFE NSW does not guarantee that speciality units listed will be offered at each location and semester. You will receive your timetable from the teaching section on commencement and speciality units offered will be provided at that time.
- Packaging Rules Total number of units = 20
- 7 core units plus 13 elective units, of which:
- At least 9 units must be selected from the elective units listed below
- up to 4 units may be selected from the remaining listed elective units or from this or any other currently endorsed training package qualification.
- Core Units
- BSBCRT404 Apply advanced critical thinking to work processes
- BSBXCS404 Contribute to cyber security risk management
- ICTICT426 Identify and evaluate emerging technologies and practices
- ICTICT443 Work collaboratively in the ICT industry
- ICTICT451 Comply with IP, ethics and privacy policies in ICT environments
- ICTPRG302 Apply introductory programming techniques
- ICTSAS432 Identify and resolve client ICT problems
- ICTWEB431 Create and style simple markup language documents
- ICTWEB432 Design website layouts
- ICTWEB452 Create a markup language document
- ICTWEB441 Produce basic client-side script
- ICTWEB433 Confirm accessibility of websites
- ICTWEB434 Transfer content to websites
- ICTWEB445 Implement content management systems
- ICTWEB450 Evaluate and select a web hosting service
- ICTDBS416 Create basic databases
- ICTWEB451 Apply a structured query language in relational databases
- ICTWEB443 Implement search engine optimisations
- ICTWEB430 Produce server-side script for dynamic web pages
- ICTWEB444 Create responsive website layouts
KEEP LEARNING WITH TAFE NSW
From certificates to diplomas, degrees to study packages, you can take your study further with us.
Build your expertise with a TAFE NSW Information Technology study pathway:
- Advance your existing knowledge with the Diploma of Information Technology (Back End and Front End Web Development)
Plan your study around your life with a TAFE NSW study package. Our study packages allow for multiple courses to be packaged together that can lead you to a TAFE NSW or an Australian University Bachelor Degree with credits. This gives you a one stop shop by completing your applications for the whole package through TAFE NSW allowing you to apply for one student Visa for the full duration of the package.
TAFE NSW allows for two or more courses to be packaged together, either to meet the prerequisite requirements for a course or to plan your studies around your career goals. You can submit a single TAFE NSW application form and will be able to apply for one Student Visa for the full duration of the package.