International Course Info
A$7,030 - A$7,740
LEARN NEW SKILLS
Through a mix of theory and practical coursework, learn to:
- Plan e-marketing communications
- Manage and mitigate risk
- Manage budgets and financial plans
- Manage recruitment selection and induction
- Identify and evaluate marketing opportunities
- Develop workplace policy and procedures for sustainability
- Manage operational plans
GAIN PRACTICAL EXPERIENCE
Build your experience and get practical skills in:
- Working in simulated office environments or in the online virtual enterprise
- Performing tasks that are based on real world activities
- Planning, set up and management of a conference
- Conducting market research and preparing an analysis
- Developing recruitment, selection and induction policies and procedures
DEVELOP YOUR PROFESSIONAL CONFIDENCE
Develop the qualities you need to get ahead in this industry:
- Communication and interpersonal skills
- Collaborative teamwork ethos
- The ability to relate to a diverse range of people
- Strength in planning, organising and self-management
- Attention to detail
GLOBAL INDUSTRY DEMAND
Insights from LinkedIn and Burning Glass Technologies reveals business skills, such as marketing, project management, budgeting and business development, are among the most in-demand skill clusters aligned to the emerging professions of the future.
INTERNATIONAL ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
When you study with TAFE NSW, we want you to succeed. Entry requirements allow us to make sure that you have the right pre-existing knowledgeand skills to achieve your chosen qualification. You will need to provide evidence that you meet the requirements listed in this section.
- Academic IELTS 5.5 or TOEFL (iBT) 46 or equivalent
- Or Completion of a TAFE NSW General English Program
- Only TAFE NSW Ultimo will offer a package of Certificate IV in Business, Diploma of Business and Bachelor of Business with direct credits.
To be prepared for this course, we recommend that you have:
- Experience in a range of work environments in senior support roles
- Access to a computer with a reliable internet connection
- Possess the skills to use basic features of Microsoft Office such as Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Empathy, patience, and the capacity to empower others
- Good organisational skills and the ability to multitask
If you need support in preparation for study, contact us about your options.
No licensing, legislative or certification requirements apply to this qualification at the time of publication.
STARTING DATES, COURSE FEES AND LOCATIONS
From mountains to oceans, from cities to country towns, international students can choose from a range of courses offered at multiple campus locations across the state. Experience our vibrant spaces such as libraries, cafes and gyms as well as places you can network and socialise.
Learn more about TAFE NSW study locations
|Locations||Starting Dates||Course Fees|
|Granville||Feb , Jul||A$7,030|
|Newcastle (Tighes Hill)||Feb , Jul||A$7,030|
|Ultimo||Feb , Jul||A$7,030|
|Locations||Starting Dates||Course Fees|
|Granville||Feb , Jul||A$7,740|
|Newcastle (Tighes Hill)||Feb , Jul||A$7,740|
|Ultimo||Feb , Jul||A$7,740|
Additional costs for uniforms, equipment, textbooks and materials (if applicable) range from A$300 - $1,000 per course.
CAMPUS FACILITIES AND SUPPORT
TAFE NSW offers you a range of on campus study environments you will have access to industry specific computer rooms, simulated workplaces, study and presentation areas as well as general student facilities to enhance your learning and student experience.
Student facilities, amenities and support services include:
- TAFE NSW Disability Support Service
- TAFE NSW Language, Literacy and Numeracy (LLN) support
- TAFE NSW Careers, Counselling and Pathways Service
- Smarthinking - online access to a tutor
- LinkedIn Learning - an online resource that offers innovative courses and tutorials to improve your personal and professional skills
COURSE STRUCTURE AND UNITS
To receive this course students must complete all core units and a range of Additional units.
Note: Additional units may vary between each semester and campus, and will depend on a number of considerations including the packaging rules for the qualification and demand for the unit at that location. TAFE NSW does not guarantee that speciality units listed will be offered at each location and semester. You will receive your timetable from the teaching section on commencement and speciality units offered will be provided at that time.
- Packaging Rules Total number of units = 12
- 5 core units plus 7 elective units, of which:
- 2 elective units must be selected from Group A for the remaining 5 elective units:up to 5 units may be selected from Groups A – I
- If not listed, up to 2 units may be selected from a Certificate IV, Diploma or Advanced Diploma from this or any other currently endorsed Training Package qualification or accredited course.
- Core Units
- BSBCRT511 Develop critical thinking in others
- BSBFIN501 Manage budgets and financial plans
- BSBOPS501 Manage business resources
- BSBSUS511 Develop workplace policies and procedures for sustainability
- BSBXCM501 Lead communication in the workplace
- BSBPEF402 Develop personal work priorities
- BSBPEF403 Lead personal development
- BSBPEF502 Develop and use emotional intelligence
- BSBCMM411 Make presentations
- BSBCMM412 Lead difficult conversations
- BSBCRT412 Articulate, present and debate ideas
- BSBMKG431 Assess marketing opportunities
- BSBHRM413 Support the learning and development of teams and individuals
- BSBHRM415 Coordinate recruitment and onboarding
- BSBMKG433 Undertake marketing activities
- BSBMKG434 Promote products and services
- BSBPMG430 Undertake project work
- BSBOPS402 Coordinate business operational plans
- BSBOPS403 Apply business risk management processes
- BSBOPS404 Implement customer service strategies
- BSBFIN401 Report on financial activity
- BSBOPS401 Coordinate business resources
- BSBOPS405 Organise business meetings
- BSBTEC401 Design and produce complex text documents
- BSBTEC402 Design and produce complex spreadsheets
KEEP LEARNING WITH TAFE NSW
From certificates to diplomas, degrees to study packages, you can take your study further with us.
Build your expertise with a TAFE NSW Business study pathway:
- Master your skills with the Bachelor of Business
At TAFE NSW Ultimo
- If you apply for a package of Certificate IV Business, Diploma of Business and Bachelor of Business then due to credits the Bachelor of Business duration will be reduced by 1 Year. (Package Duration: 3 Year)
Plan your study around your life with a TAFE NSW study package. Our study packages allow for multiple courses to be packaged together that can lead you to a TAFE NSW or an Australian University Bachelor Degree with credits. This gives you a one stop shop by completing your applications for the whole package through TAFE NSW allowing you to apply for one student Visa for the full duration of the package.
TAFE NSW allows for two or more courses to be packaged together, either to meet the prerequisite requirements for a course or to plan your studies around your career goals. You can submit a single TAFE NSW application form and will be able to apply for one Student Visa for the full duration of the package.
TAFE NSW allows for two or more courses to be packaged together leading to a TAFE NSW Bachelor Degree, either to meet the prerequisite requirements for a course or to plan your studies around your career goals. You can submit a single TAFE NSW application form and will be able to apply for one Student Visa for the full duration of the package.