International Course Info
INTERNATIONAL ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
When you study with TAFE NSW, we want you to succeed. Entry requirements allow us to make sure that you have the right pre-existing knowledgeand skills to achieve your chosen qualification. You will need to provide evidence that you meet the requirements listed in this section.
- Year 12 or equivalent
- Academic IELTS 5.5 or TOEFL (iBT) 46 or equivalent
- Or Completion of a TAFE NSW General English Program
TAFE NSW makes every effort to ensure your Language, Literacy and Numeracy (LLN) needs are met. The level of support you require may be assessed via a review of your LLN skills with written tasks and a one-on-one interview. If you need to strengthen your LLN skills, an individual training plan will be created with you.
Work placement helps you to apply your learning in a real-world environment. You will gain exposure to circumstances that cannot be experienced in a learning or simulated environment.
This course includes 248 hours of mandatory work placement, including an eight-hour work placement orientation. A teacher will secure a work placement for you and assist with coordinating the workplace learning and other workplace activities you will undertake.
It's important to know that work placements generally only begin after your teacher is satisfied that you are ready to benefit from working in the industry. As this is a learning opportunity, you will not be paid for your time.
Before you start work placement
You may need to have an occupational screening and be vaccinated against infectious diseases so that you can complete your clinical placement hours in a public or private hospital, aged care facility or medical facility
You are required to complete a National Police Check before beginning your work placement
To be prepared for this course, it is highly recommended that you:
- Are reasonably fit and flexible to carry out tasks associated with manual handling and First Aid including performing CPR while kneeling on the floor
- Have experience with technology
- Enjoy working with people
- Are able to work independently
- Have organisation and time management skills
If you need help preparing for study, contact us about your options.
No licensing, legislative, regulatory or certification requirements apply to this qualification at the time of publication.
STARTING DATES, COURSE FEES AND LOCATIONS
From mountains to oceans, from cities to country towns, international students can choose from a range of courses offered at multiple campus locations across the state. Experience our vibrant spaces such as libraries, cafes and gyms as well as places you can network and socialise.
Learn more about TAFE NSW study locations
|Locations||Starting Dates||Course Fees|
|Ultimo||Feb , Jul||A$12,430|
|Locations||Starting Dates||Course Fees|
|Ultimo||Feb , Jul||A$12,430|
Additional costs for uniforms, equipment, textbooks and materials (if applicable) range from A$300 - $1,000 per course.
COURSE STRUCTURE AND UNITS
To receive this course students must complete all core units and a range of Additional units.
Note: Additional units may vary between each semester and campus, and will depend on a number of considerations including the packaging rules for the qualification and demand for the unit at that location. TAFE NSW does not guarantee that speciality units listed will be offered at each location and semester. You will receive your timetable from the teaching section on commencement and speciality units offered will be provided at that time.
Packaging Rules: Total number of units = 18.
15 core units 3 elective units, consisting of: At least 2 units from theelectives listed below, up to 1 unit from theelectives listed below, any endorsed Training Package or accredited coursethese units must be relevant to the work outcome.
Core Units:CHCADV001- Facilitate the interests and rights of clients
- CHCAGE001- Facilitate the empowerment of older people
- CHCAGE003- Coordinate services for older people
- CHCAGE004 -Implement interventions with older people at risk
- CHCAGE005- Provide support to people living with dementia
- CHCCCS006- Facilitate individual service planning and delivery
- CHCCCS011- Meet personal support needs
- CHCCCS023- Support independence and wellbeing
- CHCCCS025- Support relationships with carers and families
- CHCDIV001- Work with diverse people
- CHCLEG003- Manage legal and ethical compliance
- CHCPAL001- Deliver care services using a palliative approach
- CHCPRP001- Develop and maintain networks and collaborative partnerships
- HLTAAP001- Recognise healthy body systems
- HLTWHS002- Follow safe work practices for direct client care
- CHCAGE002- Implement falls prevention strategies
- CHCAGE006- Provide food services
- CHCAOD001- Work in an alcohol and other drugs context
- CHCCCS001- Address the needs of people with chronic disease
- CHCCCS007- Develop and implement service programs
- CHCCCS010- Maintain a high standard of service
- CHCCCS017- Provide loss and grief support
- CHCCCS018- Provide suicide bereavement support
- CHCCCS019- Recognise and respond to crisis situations
- CHCCCS021- Respond to suspected abuse
- CHCCCS022- Facilitate independent travel
- CHCCCS026- Transport individuals
- CHCCOM002- Use communication to build relationships
- CHCDIS004- Communicate using augmentative and alternative communication strategies
- CHCDIS007- Facilitate the empowerment of people with disability
- CHCDIS008- Facilitate community participation and social inclusion
- CHCDIS009- Facilitate ongoing skills development using a person-centred approach
- CHCDIS010- Provide person-centred services to people with disability with complex needs
- CHCDIV002- Promote Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander cultural safety
- CHCDIV003- Manage and promote diversity
- CHCEDU002- Plan health promotion and community intervention
- CHCHCS002- Coordinate and monitor home based support
- CHCINM001- Meet statutory and organisation information requirements
- CHCLLN001- Respond to client language, literacy and numeracy needs
- CHCMGT001- Develop, implement and review quality framework
- CHCMGT002- Manage partnership agreements with services providers
- CHCMGT006- Coordinate client directed services
- CHCMHS001- Work with people with mental health issues
- CHCPAL002- Plan for and provide care services using a palliative approach
- CHCPAS001- Plan for the provision of pastoral and spiritual care
- CHCPAS002- Provide pastoral and spiritual care
- CHCSET001- Work with forced migrants
- CHCSOH001- Work with people experiencing or at risk of homelessness
- HLTAAP002- Confirm physical health status
- HLTAHA013- Provide support in dysphagia management
- HLTAHA018- Assist with planning and evaluating meals and menus to meet recommended dietary guidelines
- HLTAHA019- Assist with the monitoring and modification of meals and menus according to individualised plans
- HLTAHA021- Assist with screening and implementation of therapeutic diets
- HLTAID003- Provide first aid
- HLTAID006- Provide advanced first aid
- HLTFSE001- Follow basic food safety practices
- HLTHPS006- Assist clients with medication
- HLTHPS007- Administer and monitor medications
- HLTOHC002- Inform and support patients and groups about oral health
- HLTOHC003- Apply and manage use of basic oral health products
- HLTOHC004- Provide or assist with oral hygiene
- HLTOHC005- Use basic oral health screening tools
- HLTOHC006- Apply fluoride varnish
- HLTWHS003- Maintain work health and safety
- HLTWHS004- Manage work health and safety
- BSBFIM501- Manage budgets and financial plans
- BSBFLM306- Provide workplace information and resourcing plans
- BSBINM201- Process and maintain workplace information
- BSBLDR402- Lead effective workplace relationships
- BSBMGT401- Show leadership in the workplace
- BSBMGT406- Plan and monitor continuous improvement
- BSBWOR204- Use business technology
- TAEDEL402A- Plan, organise and facilitate learning in the workplace
- TAEDEL404A- Mentor in the workplace
KEEP LEARNING WITH TAFE NSW
From certificates to diplomas, degrees to study packages, you can take your study further with us.
Whatever your career ambitions, we will help you get there with a range of courses to develop your skills, build your knowledge and prepare you for work.
TAFE NSW is here to create exceptional learner experiences and provide quality, personalised services to make sure you achieve your goals.
Explore your study options across a range of disciplines and talk to your TAFE NSW Education Agent or contact us.
Plan your study around your life with a TAFE NSW study package. Our study packages allow for multiple courses to be packaged together that can lead you to a TAFE NSW or an Australian University Bachelor Degree with credits. This gives you a one stop shop by completing your applications for the whole package through TAFE NSW allowing you to apply for one student Visa for the full duration of the package.