International Course Info
INTERNATIONAL ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
When you study with TAFE NSW, we want you to succeed. Entry requirements allow us to make sure that you have the right pre-existing knowledgeand skills to achieve your chosen qualification. You will need to provide evidence that you meet the requirements listed in this section.
- Year 12 or equivalent
English Language Requirements:
- Academic IELTS 5.5 or TOEFL (iBT) 46 or equivalent
- Or Completion of A TAFE NSW General English Program
TAFE NSW makes every effort to ensure your Language, Literacy and Numeracy (LLN) needs are met. The level of support you need may be assessed via a review of your LLN skills with written tasks and a one-on-one interview. If you need to strengthen your LLN skills, an individual training plan will be created with you.
To be prepared for this course, it is recommended that you have:
- Intermediate level experience using computer and software applications – like Microsoft programs, and email
- An interest in learning Computer Aided Drafting (CAD)
- The ability to follow safety procedures
- Good hand-eye coordination
If you need help preparing for study, contact us about your options.
STARTING DATES, COURSE FEES AND LOCATIONS
From mountains to oceans, from cities to country towns, international students can choose from a range of courses offered at multiple campus locations across the state. Experience our vibrant spaces such as libraries, cafes and gyms as well as places you can network and socialise.
Learn more about TAFE NSW study locations
|Locations||Starting Dates||Course Fees|
|Ultimo||Feb (Full) , Jul||A$16,970|
|Locations||Starting Dates||Course Fees|
|Ultimo||Feb , Jul||A$16,970|
Additional costs for uniforms, equipment, textbooks and materials (if applicable) range from A$300 - $1,000 per course.
COURSE STRUCTURE AND UNITS
To receive this course students must complete all core units and a range of Additional units.
Note: Additional units may vary between each semester and campus, and will depend on a number of considerations including the packaging rules for the qualification and demand for the unit at that location. TAFE NSW does not guarantee that speciality units listed will be offered at each location and semester. You will receive your timetable from the teaching section on commencement and speciality units offered will be provided at that time.
- Packaging Rules
- This qualification has no core units
- You will study a combination of the following elective units, which may vary between each semester and campus, and will depend on a number of considerations, including the packaging rules for the qualification and demand for the unit:
- The following table provides the packaging rules for this qualification, followed by the list of relevant units of competency.
- Total number of units = 20
- 20 elective units, of which: at least two (2) must be chosen from Group A, at least two (2) must be chosen from Group B,
- at least four (4) must be chosen from Group C, at least four (4) must be chosen from Group D
- no more than three (3) units may be chosen from elsewhere within this training package, or from another endorsed training package, or from an accredited course.
- BSBPMG531 Manage project time
- BSBPMG532 Manage project quality
- BSBPMG536 Manage project risk
- CPPSIS5032 Capture new spatial data
- MEM30005A Calculate force systems within simple beam structures
- MEM30012A Apply mathematical techniques in a manufacturing engineering or related environment
- MEM30031A Operate computer-aided design (CAD) system to produce basic drawing elements
- MEM30032A Produce basic engineering drawings
- MEM30033A Use computer-aided design (CAD) to create and display 3-D models
- MSL924003 Process and interpret data
- MSL973022 Conduct laboratory-based acceptance tests for construction materials
- MSL974026 Perform tests to determine the properties of construction materials
- MSL975044 Perform complex tests to measure engineering properties of materials
- RIICWD501E Prepare detailed design of foundations
- RIICWD504E Prepare detailed design of environmental controls
- CPCCBC4012 Read and interpret plans and specifications
- RIICWD508E Prepare detailed design of rural roads
- RIICWD521E Prepare detailed design of flexible pavements
- RIICWD530E Prepare detailed design of surface drainage
- RIICWD533E Prepare detailed design of civil concrete structures
- RIICWD534E Prepare detailed design of civil steel structures
- CPCCBC4015 Prepare specifications for all construction works
KEEP LEARNING WITH TAFE NSW
From certificates to diplomas, degrees to study packages, you can take your study further with us.
Strengthen your expertise with a TAFE NSW Civil Construction study pathway:
- Advance your existing knowledge with the Advanced Diploma of Civil Construction Design
If you already have experience, skills and knowledge that are relevant to your course, you may be able to apply for credit through articulation, credit transfer or recognition of prior learning.
Plan your study around your life with a TAFE NSW study package. Our study packages allow for multiple courses to be packaged together that can lead you to a TAFE NSW or an Australian University Bachelor Degree with credits. This gives you a one stop shop by completing your applications for the whole package through TAFE NSW allowing you to apply for one student Visa for the full duration of the package.
TAFE NSW allows for two or more courses to be packaged together, either to meet the prerequisite requirements for a course or to plan your studies around your career goals. You can submit a single TAFE NSW application form and will be able to apply for one Student Visa for the full duration of the package.