International Course Info
The Diploma of Applied Commerce requires the completion of eight Level 100 subjects. These subjects are the same as those in the first year of the Bachelor of Applied Commerce.
Graduates of the Diploma of Applied Commerce will:
- Apply broad knowledge of financial process and industry practice in limited contexts.
- Utilise underpinning knowledge of fundamental financial business concepts, products and legal and regulatory requirements.
- Act with integrity, employing mandatory standards of sustainable, socially just and ethical practice in their work.
Upon completion of this Diploma, you will be eligible to receive 1 year advanced standing in the Bachelor course. The Bachelor of Applied Commerce is a professional degree preparing graduates for employment in the financial services sector in Australia and overseas. This Bachelor has been designed with two majors: an accounting major and a financial planning major.
The Bachelor of Applied Commerce has been designed to incorporate common subjects that students of both majors will complete. Students then complete specialist financial planning or accounting subjects to complete their chosen major. All students complete eight common subjects in first year. In second year, there are four common subjects, with students completing a further four specialist subjects for their chosen major. In third year, students complete two common subjects including an internship, and a further six specialist subjects for their chosen major. Students will also have the option of completing a double accounting/financial planning major by completing additional subjects.
Students must participate in additional support classes to improve their language skills. The support is integrated into the program within class and provided after class.
INTERNATIONAL ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
When you study with TAFE NSW, we want you to succeed. Entry requirements allow us to make sure that you have the right pre-existing knowledgeand skills to achieve your chosen qualification. You will need to provide evidence that you meet the requirements listed in this section.
- Completion of Year 12 or equivalent
- English Requirements
- Academic IELTS 5.5 overall score with a minimum band score of 5.0 or one of the following:
- TOEFL (iBT) with the following minimum scores: overall 46, reading 4, listening 4, speaking 14 and writing 14
- Pearson Tests of English (PTE) Academic overall score of 42 and a minimum score of 34 in each component
- Year 12 from Australia, Canada, New Zealand, Republic of Ireland, South Africa, United Kingdom or the USA
STARTING DATES, COURSE FEES AND LOCATIONS
From mountains to oceans, from cities to country towns, international students can choose from over 50 campus locations across the state. Experience our vibrant spaces such as libraries, cafes and gyms as well as places you can network, socialise and just chill out.
Learn more about TAFE NSW study locations
|Locations||Starting Dates||Course Fees|
|Granville||Feb , Jul||A$19,200|
|Meadowbank||Feb , Jul||A$19,200|
|Ultimo||Feb , Jul||A$19,200|
|Locations||Starting Dates||Course Fees|
|Granville||Feb , Jul||A$19,600|
|Meadowbank||Feb , Jul||A$19,600|
|Ultimo||Feb , Jul||A$19,600|
Additional costs for uniforms, equipment, textbooks and materials (if applicable) range from A$300 - $1,000 per course.
COURSE STRUCTURE AND UNITS
To receive this course students must complete all core units and, if available, a range of additional units.
Note: Additional units contain compulsory and elective units which may vary between each semester and campus, and will depend on a number of considerations including the packaging rules for the qualification and demand for the unit.
- ACBUS101A - Academic Foundations
- ACBUS102A - Management Fundamentals
- ACBUS103A - Foundations of Accounting
- ACBUS104A - Finance and Investment
- ACBUS105A - Business Statistics
- ACBUS106A - Marketing Fundamentals
- ACBUS107A - Financial Planning Fundamentals
- ACBUS108A - Applied Economics
KEEP LEARNING WITH TAFE NSW
From certificates to diplomas, degrees to study packages, you can take your study further with us.
- Graduates can enter into Year 2 of the Bachelor of Applied Commerce and can choose to major in either Financial Planning (HE20531) or Accounting (HE20532)
Plan your study around your life with a TAFE NSW study package. Our study packages allow for multiple courses to be packaged together that can lead you to a TAFE NSW or an Australian University Bachelor Degree with credits. This gives you a one stop shop by completing your applications for the whole package through TAFE NSW allowing you to apply for one student Visa for the full duration of the package.
TAFE NSW allows for two or more courses to be packaged together leading to a TAFE NSW Bachelor Degree, either to meet the prerequisite requirements for a course or to plan your studies around your career goals. You can submit a single TAFE NSW application form and will be able to apply for one Student Visa for the full duration of the package.