INTERNATIONAL - Enrol - How to Apply - Content
How to apply
Congratulations on beginning your journey towards becoming an international student at TAFE NSW.
There are a few steps to follow before you take the leap toward studying in Australia.
Before you apply
Check the evidence required to get a visa
Before you apply to study at TAFE NSW, you should check the evidence you will need to provide to the Department of Home Affairs (DHA) to obtain a visa. The steps to do this are listed in the box below.
If you are required by DHA to provide evidence of your financial capacity i.e. proof that you have enough money to support yourself and your family (if applicable) in Australia for the duration of your studies, you must complete and submit your TAFE NSW application through a TAFE NSW representative.
In addition, if you are from Bangladesh, China, Indonesia, Nepal, Sri Lanka or Thailand, you must submit your TAFE NSW application through a TAFE NSW representative.
Search for a TAFE NSW representative in your city.
|How to check what evidence you will need to provide to obtain a visa|
Check the course entry requirements
- Make sure you meet the English language and academic requirements of the course you want to study. If you don't meet the English requirements, we can help you. Enrol in an English course at TAFE NSW, let us know you want to do this in Section 4A of the application form.
- Some courses have one or more prerequisites, which are lower level courses you need to complete first i.e. to study an Advanced Diploma, you may have to complete a Certificate IV and a Diploma course first.
- Some courses require you to complete additional entry requirements e.g. submit an essay or portfolio of work along with your application.
Complete and submit your application
Download and complete the TAFE NSW application form.
Along with a completed application form, you must also sign and return the Terms and Conditions.
To apply online, look for the 'Apply online' button on course or package pages.
If you have already started an online application you can check its progress by logging into the Apply Online application system.
Attach supporting documents
Attach certified copies of the following documents to your application:
- Personal details and visa pages of your passport
- Academic transcripts and/or award certificates
- English language test results e.g. IELTS or TOEFL
- Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) membership card (if held)
- Financial/sponsorship documents
Note: A 'certified copy' is a copy of an original document, signed and dated by one of the following officials, stating that they have seen the original document and that the copy is a true copy of that document:
- Official from the organisation that issued the original document
- Government official
- Public Notary
- Justice of the Peace
Faxed versions of certified copies are not acceptable. Please provide English translations of your documents if they are not in English.
If you are applying for a TAFE NSW to University pathway program, you will also need to complete the relevant university application form.
|Australian Catholic University (ACU)1||Charles Sturt University (CSU)2||University of Technology Sydney (UTS)|
1Applicants must apply through approved representatives of ACU and TAFE NSW.
Direct applications will be accepted.
2Applicants must apply through approved representatives of CSU and TAFE NSW.
Direct offshore applicants will be referred to an approved representative; direct onshore applicants will be interviewed by CSU. Applications from TAFE NSW representatives who are not approved CSU representatives will be considered on an individual basis, please contact TAFE NSW Australia for more information.
Search for a TAFE NSW representative in your city.
Send us your Application
Submit your application Online, through a TAFE NSW representative, or scan and email your application form and supporting documents to:
Phone: +61 2 9217 4106
What happens next
If your application is successful, we will send you:
- Offer of a place (Letter of Offer)
- Invoice for fee payments
- Airport pickup and accommodation fees, if you have requested them
You will need to read the Terms and Conditions carefully and follow the instructions in your letter before paying your tuition and health cover fees.
If your application is unsuccessful we will send you a letter outlining the reason or reasons you were unsuccessful.
Accept the Offer
To accept the offer, sign the acceptance form and pay the fees and charges listed on your invoice including the TAFE NSW to University package deposit (if relevant). Additional documents may have been requested in your offer letter. Please provide these documents with your payment.
Payment must be made in Australian dollars:
- At any Westpac Bank in Australia
- By BPAY
- By credit card (Visa or MasterCard)
- By bank cheque
- By bank draft
- By postal money order
Bank cheque, bank draft or postal money order must be made payable to ‘TAFE NSW' and should be sent to the address listed on the invoice.
Note: TAFE NSW will not be held responsible for any monies paid to a TAFE NSW representative.
Apply for your visa
When we receive your payment, we issue you with an electronic Confirmation of Enrolment (eCoE) form. Use the eCoE form to apply for your student visa.
For more information about how to apply for your student visa application, go to Tips to prepare for your student visa application to ensure you have all the relevant documentation for your application.
Create your Unique Student Identifier
The Unique Student Identifier or USI is a reference number made up of 10 numbers and letters that:
- creates a secure online record of your recognised training and qualifications gained in Australia
- will give you access to your training records and transcripts
- is free and easy to create and
It is a compulsory part of the enrolment process, unless you are enrolling in a degree course.