INTERNATIONAL - Enrol - Orientation - Content
Each TAFE NSW location conducts an orientation session before each course begins.
The orientation session provides new students with information about:
- Living in Australia
- Working in Australia
- The range of services available to international students
- Whom to contact if you need help during your stay
You are also introduced to your International Students Coordinator and you meet other international students who are starting at TAFE NSW.
International - Orientation - FAQ
It is very important that you attend the orientation session which will:
- Provide useful information on studying, living and working in Australia
- Answer your questions
- Help you settle into your new environment
Orientation sessions are designed by each location to suit their particular students which include:
- Welcome and introduction to TAFE NSW
- Campus tour
- Enrolment procedures
- Visa regulations
- Working in Australia - your rights as an employee
- Information on counselling and career services
- Study skills
- Student support services
- Accommodation information
- Library resources
- Overseas Health Cover
- Local places of interest
Arrange your flights so that you arrive in Australia at least one week before your course starts so that you can attend the orientation session.
You will need to bring along your Unique Student Identifier (USI). Download and complete the TAFE NSW USI document.
International - Enrol - Orientation Flyers
Orientation details by location
Certificates, Diplomas and Advanced Diplomas
Hunter, Ballina, Bankstown, Blacktown, Campbelltown, Castle Hill, Coffs Harbour Education Campus, Grafton, Granville, Kempsey, Kingscliff, Kingswood, Lidcombe, Liverpool, Macquarie Fields, Miller, Mount Druitt, Murwillumbah, Nirimba, Port Macquarie, Richmond, Shellharbour, Taree, Wollongbar