INTERNATIONAL - Enrol - Orientation - Content
TAFE NSW conducts international orientation sessions prior to commencement of your course.
The orientation session provides new students with information about:
- living in Australia
- working in Australia
- the range of services available to international students
- who to contact if you need help during your stay.
You will also be introduced to your International Customer Experience Coordinator.
Don’t forget to download the orientation resources:
International Orientation and Enrolment Flyer Semester 1 2022
International Student Orientation Guide 2022
Fair Work Ombudsman Flyer
Important Links and Information
Medibank OSHC App Information Pack
Multicultural Community Liason Officers - NSW Police
Redfern Legal Center - International Students
Student Online Services Guide
TAFE NSW International Customer Experience team
Tenants Union NSW
International - Orientation - FAQ
Frequently Asked Questions
It is very important that you attend the orientation session which will:
- Provide useful information on studying, living and working in Australia
- Answer your questions
- Help you settle into your new environment
Orientation sessions are designed by each location to suit their particular students which include:
- Welcome and introduction to TAFE NSW
- Campus tour
- Enrolment procedures
- Visa regulations
- Working in Australia - your rights as an employee
- Information on counselling and career services
- Study skills
- Student support services
- Accommodation information
- Library resources
- Overseas Health Cover
- Local places of interest
Arrange your flights so that you arrive in Australia at least one week before your course starts so that you can attend the orientation session.
You will need to bring along your Unique Student Identifier (USI). Download and complete the TAFE NSW USI document.