INTERNATIONAL - Study - Courses - English Language Courses - Content
LEARN ENGLISH WITH TAFE NSW
We offer intensive English language courses across New South Wales, including Cambridge English as a Foreign Language (EFL) Certificate courses. Improve your reading, writing, speaking and listening skills and be prepared for future study, your dream job and your life in Australia as a speaker of English.
Why study English with us?
- highly-qualified and experienced teachers
- group work with a focus on communication
- flexible start times
- 7 locations to choose from
- affordable fees
For more information download the English Language Courses brochure.
When can I start?
New students can start on Monday of any week. Some centres start their sessions every five weeks. Visit the English Language and Cambridge English Course Calendar for up-to-date session times.
Discover our English Language Programs
ENGLISH LANGUAGE PROGRAMS (CRICOS #069146A)
Course duration: 2 – 50 weeks
Improve your English language proficiency for travel in Australia or to communicate globally with English speakers in social or work situations. This course develops your grammar, speaking and listening, reading and writing as well as the skills to communicate confidently in English. TAFE NSW offers entry levels from Beginner to Advanced, and any exit points that suit your individual needs and finances.
PATHWAY ENGLISH COURSES (CRICOS #069146A)
Course duration: 5 – 50 weeks
TAFE NSW will help you meet the English entry requirements of your chosen Vocational or Higher Education course.
- Studying English with TAFE NSW offers you guaranteed entry in any of TAFE NSW’s 170 vocational qualifications (Certificates to Advanced Diplomas)*, and 10 Bachelor Degrees offered to international students. * except for Diploma of Nursing, which requires an IELTS or OET test
- TAFE NSW English Language Programs also includes English for Academic Purposes. This is also accepted by several Australian higher education providers as meeting the English entry requirements for degrees on offer.
ENGLISH FOR EXAM PREPARATION & TESTING (CRICOS #074348D)
Course duration: 5 – 50 weeks
Do you need an internationally recognised exam qualification? We can help! These challenging exam courses are stimulating and demanding and when you successfully complete, can lead to an internationally-recognised exam qualification. This improves your study and employment opportunities.
By studying a Cambridge English Certificate course you’ll open up a world of opportunity, personally and professionally. TAFE NSW can help you achieve your English language goals.
Exam preparation courses available include:
- Cambridge C1 Advanced (CAE)*
- Cambridge B2 First (FCE)*
- IELTS Preparation (available on demand)
- Occupational English Test (OET) evening classes for test practice (available on demand)
*Please Note: Exam dates for Cambridge and OET are available throughout the year at our Newcastle location. Visit the OET and Cambridge Exam Dates Calendar for up-to-date exam sessions.
TAFE NSW English Language Centre locations
TAFE NSW has seven English Language Centres, located in key areas across New South Wales.