International Course Info
INTERNATIONAL ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
When you study with TAFE NSW, we want you to succeed. Entry requirements allow us to make sure that you have the right pre-existing knowledgeand skills to achieve your chosen qualification. You will need to provide evidence that you meet the requirements listed in this section.
- Year 10 or equivalent
English Language Requirements:
- Academic IELTS 5.5. or TOEFL (iBT) 46 or equivalent
- Or Completion of a TAFE NSW General English Program
TAFE NSW makes every effort to ensure your Language, Literacy and Numeracy (LLN) needs are met. The level of support you need may be assessed via a review of your LLN skills with written tasks and a one-on-one interview. If you need to strengthen your LLN skills, an individual training plan will be created with you.
To be prepared for this course, it is recommended that you have:
- Can work independently and with other people
- Have a strong work ethic
- Have a reasonable level of fitness to complete manual tasks
If you need help preparing for study, contact us about your options.
It is strongly recommended to support the required practical skills (and any subsequent license application) that students work in the industry or undertake voluntary workplace learning in the industry for a minimum of 8-10 hours per week (totalling at least 318 hours) over the duration of the course.
The teaching section will guide you with the workplace learning hours. Teaching sections will discuss the evidence required with students at enrolment to ensure compliance with these requirements is understood by all students enrolling in the course.
STARTING DATES, COURSE FEES AND LOCATIONS
From mountains to oceans, from cities to country towns, international students can choose from a range of courses offered at multiple campus locations across the state. Experience our vibrant spaces such as libraries, cafes and gyms as well as places you can network and socialise.
Learn more about TAFE NSW study locations
|Locations||Starting Dates||Course Fees|
|Locations||Starting Dates||Course Fees|
|Granville||Feb , Jul||A$18,270|
Additional costs for uniforms, equipment, textbooks and materials (if applicable) range from A$300 - $1,000 per course.
COURSE STRUCTURE AND UNITS
To receive this course students must complete all core units and a range of Additional units.
Note: Additional units may vary between each semester and campus, and will depend on a number of considerations including the packaging rules for the qualification and demand for the unit at that location. TAFE NSW does not guarantee that speciality units listed will be offered at each location and semester. You will receive your timetable from the teaching section on commencement and speciality units offered will be provided at that time.
- Packaging Rules
- To achieve this qualification, the candidate must demonstrate competency in:
- 29 units of competency
- 26 core units
- 3 elective units
- Core Units
- CPCCCM2008 - Erect and dismantle restricted height scaffolding
- CPCCCM2012 - Work safely at heights
- CPCCCM3001 - Operate elevated work platforms up to 11 metres
- CPCCCM3005 - Calculate costs of construction work
- CPCCOM1012 - Work effectively and sustainably in the construction industry
- CPCCOM1013 - Plan and organise work
- CPCCOM1014 - Conduct workplace communication
- CPCCOM1015 - Carry out measurements and calculations
- CPCCOM2001 - Read and interpret plans and specifications
- CPCCPB3026 - Erect and maintain trestle and plank systems
- CPCCPD2011 - Handle and store painting and decorating materials
- CPCCPD2012 - Use painting and decorating tools and equipment
- CPCCPD2013 - Remove and replace doors and door and window components
- CPCCPD3021 - Prepare existing coated surface for painting
- CPCCPD3022 - Apply paint by brush and roller
- CPCCPD3023 - Apply texture coat paint finishes by brush, roller and spray
- CPCCPD3024 - Apply paint by spray
- CPCCPD3025 - Match specific paint colours
- CPCCPD3026 - Apply stains and clear timber finishes
- CPCCPD3027 - Remove and apply wallpaper
- CPCCPD3028 - Apply decorative paint finishes
- CPCCPD3030 - Apply protective paint coating systems
- CPCCPD3031 - Work safely with lead-painted surfaces in the painting industry
- CPCCPD3035 - Prepare uncoated surfaces for painting
- CPCCPD3036 - Work safely to encapsulate non-friable asbestos in the painting industry
- CPCCWHS2001 - Apply WHS requirements, policies and procedures in the construction industry
- CPCCPD3029 - Remove graffiti and apply anti-graffiti coatings
- CPCCSP3003 - Apply trowelled texture coat finishes
- CPCCPD3032 - Apply advanced wall coverings
KEEP LEARNING WITH TAFE NSW
From certificates to diplomas, degrees to study packages, you can take your study further with us.
Build your expertise with a TAFE NSW painting and decorating pathway:
- Expand your capabilities with the Certificate IV in Building and Construction (Building)
Plan your study around your life with a TAFE NSW study package. Our study packages allow for multiple courses to be packaged together that can lead you to a TAFE NSW or an Australian University Bachelor Degree with credits. This gives you a one stop shop by completing your applications for the whole package through TAFE NSW allowing you to apply for one student Visa for the full duration of the package.