Degrees Top - Property Valuation
Degrees Middle - Property
More about this Degree
Course code: HE20507
Locations: Ultimo, Albury
Duration: 3 years full-time or part time equivalent
Course load: You must complete 24 subjects and achieve 240 credit points to complete this course. Each subject is worth 10 credit points.
- Begins: February 2020.
- Applications close: 24 January 2020.
At a glance:
- The Bachelor of Property Valuation is an undergraduate qualification taught in English.
- The course is located at Level 7 on the Australian Qualifications Framework.
- The degree is a practical industry based qualification taught by teachers with current industry experience. You will learn through case studies and field trips and in third year, a choice of two electives allows students to explore specialist areas of valuation.
To be eligible for admission into the Bachelor of Property Valuation you must have at least ONE of the following entry requirements:
- NSW HSC (Higher School Certificate) or equivalent
- Recognised Tertiary Preparation Certificate
- Certificate IV level or higher vocational qualification
- Completion of at least one year full-time study or equivalent in a degree course at a higher education institution
You must also:
- Submit additional information with your application, including a short essay and interview. This additional information will be assessed to determine your suitability for entry into this course, and where there are more applicants than study places available, will be used to rank your application.
- Have mathematics knowledge to HSC level or equivalent before entering this course, or you may be required to undertake a bridging program or preparatory maths course.
- You do NOT require an ATAR for entry into this course
- If you do not meet any of the four minimum entry requirements, you may be able to apply for entry under special admissions provisions including mature age or disadvantage
In 2019 domestic students will pay a tuition fee of $1,250 per subject (a total of $30,000 for the full bachelor degree*). This course attracts FEE-HELP, so eligible students can study now and pay later.
Tuition fees for international students can be found on the TAFE NSW International website.
* Note that tuition fees are reviewed annually and are subject to change. Check current fee information in the Fee Schedule on the Fees and Payments page.
There may be additional costs to purchase resources required for individual subjects. The course coordinator can advise you of any additional course fees.
Be recognised for your knowledge and experience with Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL). If you’ve completed studies in a related field, or had extensive and relevant industry experience, you may be eligible for exemption from similar subjects in the Bachelor of Property Valuation.
Applications for RPL must be made to your Course Coordinator and must include supporting documentation. You are required to attend class until you are advised that your RPL request has been granted.
Full-time students enrol in four subjects per semester, with face to face classes totalling approximately 16 hours per week. You are expected to undertake an equivalent amount of private study to maximise success in the course.
A range of assessment methods are used across subjects in this course to allow students to demonstrate both practical skills and theoretical knowledge. Most subjects require the completion of 3 to 4 assessment tasks. Assessment types include, but are not limited to practical exercises, case studies, written reports, research reports, field work exercises and examinations.
You can view the course structure and an overview of study requirements for each subject by downloading the Course Information Brochure.
This course is available for enrolment by international students, subject to meeting course entry requirements and satisfying student visa conditions. For more information including tuition fees go to the TAFE NSW International website.
While every effort has been made to ensure the above information is accurate and up to date, you are advised to contact the course coordinator for specific and up to date information about tuition fees and academic requirements of the course.