Scholarships - S&L Steel - Banner
S&L Steel WHS Scholarship
S&L Steel Work, Health & Safety Scholarship
The aim of the S&L Steel Work and Safety Scholarship is to build a greater Work Health and Safety competence across all communities in NSW, and to invest in the future of Work Health and Safety leaders.
Scholarships are available to eligible Applicants currently enrolled and studying, employed and working in a role that involves limited responsibility / supervision of others in a WH&S (Work Health & Safety) context or enrolled and studying jobseekers intending to pursue a career in the WH&S field.
TAFE DIGITAL and students from Rural and Regional NSW are encouraged to apply.
Each awarded scholarship has a total value of up to $1,850 which is to be used for any study and/or living related expenses. The Scholarship amount is not transferable or redeemable for cash.
Closing date: 5pm, Sunday 19 November 2023
To be eligible for the Scholarship applicants must:
- be enrolled, and currently studying as a TAFE NSW student in the Certificate IV in Work Health and Safety at TAFE NSW and meet all the applicable TAFE NSW enrolment requirements,
- be an Australian citizen, permanent resident, humanitarian visa holder or New Zealand citizen, and be living in NSW,
- be enrolled and studying, employed and working in a role that involves limited responsibility/supervision of others in a WH&S (Work Health v Safety) context or enrolled and studying jobseekers intending to pursue a career in the WH&S field,
- demonstrate a commitment and motivation to study and successfully complete the course, and to gain employment,
- agree to be a part of the S&L STEEL scholarship program feedback process.
Any Scholarship awarded is on the basis that you enrol in a specified course and maintain an active enrolment status. Your Scholarship may be terminated if your enrolment status changes (e.g. you withdraw from your course). If you are awarded the Scholarship, any other TAFE NSW scholarship, grant or bursary that you currently hold will be rescinded.
- Complete the Scholarship Application Form by 5pm, Sunday 19 November 2023. If your application is received after the closing date, is incomplete or does not meet the requirements set out in the Scholarship terms and conditions, it will not be considered.
- By submitting your Scholarship Application Form, you accept the Scholarship terms and conditions and are taken to have read them.
- TAFE NSW will convene a Panel to assess all valid Applications. Applications will be assessed on a merit basis and based on your responses in your application, the supporting documentation provided and the Scholarship eligibility requirements. The Panel will, in its sole discretion, determine the award of the Scholarship (if any). The decision of the Panel will be final.
- All applicants will be notified of the outcome, with successful applicants notified within 2 weeks of the closing date.