Location - Western Sydney - Richmond - New
TAFE NSW Richmond is located northwest of Sydney in the Hawkesbury Valley, a five minute drive from the towns of Richmond and Windsor and a 20 minute walk from East Richmond train station.
With a focus on sustainability and renewable horticultural and livestock management practices, TAFE NSW Richmond focuses on how industry, community and learning expertise can help you to change lives and the future of industry practices.
Services and facilities
At TAFE NSW Richmond, you'll learn new skills in training environments designed to reflect real workplaces, with access to the same equipment and latest technology being used by industry.
- Blacksmithing and farriery facility
- Cat foster care facility
- Climate controlled animal care facility and aviaries
- Eco skills training centre
- Fully equipped, simulated veterinary nursing labs
- Horse-racing track, ¼ sized
- Horticultural centre of excellence, featuring:
- Croquet lawn
- Landscaped gardens
- Indoor dressage arena
- Livestock handling facilities
- Science laboratories
- Stables capable of housing eight horses
- Pet grooming training salon
The Equine Studies Centre based at Richmond College offers a variety of qualifications for the equine industry including:
- Performance horse and horse breeding e.g. equine nursing.
- Racing e.g. stable hands, jockeys, thoroughbred trainer and track rider.
- Trade courses in farriery and blacksmithing.
Acknowledgement of Country
TAFE NSW would like to pay our respect and acknowledge Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples as the traditional custodians of the land, rivers and sea. We acknowledge and pay our respect to the Elders; past, present and emerging of all nations.