Student services - Skillmax and EFE
Skillmax and English for Employment (EFE)
Helping skilled migrants access employment
Skillmax is a short, intensive course that prepares skilled migrants to find employment in their professional area. It is FREE to eligible participants, and develops skills required to be successful in job applications. Skillmax provides an understanding of the current labour market, as well as strategies for making the most of employment opportunities in the Australian market.
The Skillmax job seeking course is a fast-track course, usually comprised of 15 hours of classroom tuition per week, delivered over five weeks, with possibilities for delivery online, face-to-face, or a combination of both.
English for Employment is a longer, slower paced course that covers the same content, with additional support to improve skills in workplace communication, such as report writing and presentations. English for Employment (EFE) is again 15 hours per week, but typically delivered over ten weeks.
The course content covers essential areas for your job search, including:
- resume and cover letter writing, tailored to the Australian market
- job seeking skills and self-marketing techniques
- applications for public sector positions
- preparation of answers to common interview questions
- interview skills for face-to-face, online, and telephone interviews
- networking techniques, including using LinkedIn
For further information, please download the brochure and email: firstname.lastname@example.org