Infrastructure - Banner
Infrastructure - Portfolio - Intro
A Safe, Sustainable and Resilient Portfolio
A modern portfolio that supports operational effectiveness, optimises cost and resource efficiency while promoting positive environmental outcomes.
Right-size the portfolio to meet learning needs
- Consolidation and reinvestment into flexible and adaptable learning spaces will facilitate an improved learner experience and efficiency savings while the adoption of digital and blended delivery will support TAFE NSW to meet evolving skills requirements.
- Right-sizing and adapting our asset portfolio considering digital innovation, shared spaces, industry convergence and financial sustainability will enable optimisation of the infrastructure portfolio performance.
- Consideration of a planned consolidation and development program, including master planning of sites to consolidate land holdings and infrastructure use, will enrich service delivery and the learner experience.
A low carbon and environmentally sustainable portfolio
- Act decisively and show leadership in environmental sustainability to reduce operating costs, reduce maintenance costs, improve environmental outcomes and ensure our buildings and facilities are fit for purpose.
- Improve electricity efficiency, reducing electricity consumption with further action and investment.
- Deliver quality education outcomes in an environmentally responsible and sustainable manner.
Optimise the cost, risk and performance of the portfolio
- The asset renewal program ensures sufficient funding will be allocated over the next 20 years to maintain retained assets and address critical service delivery priorities.
- By addressing the quality of equipment and training facilities, TAFE NSW seeks to provide a consistent quality of education at every campus.
- Recognising that flexible learning pedagogy is reliant on an optimised blend of equipment, digital and physical infrastructure, and TAFE NSW aspires to realise a contemporary and adaptable portfolio that delivers on this flexibility.