Course Info - TAFE NSW
Certificate IV in Leisure and Health
National Course Code: CHC43415
Further your rewarding career in Aged Care by participating in the design, implementation and evaluation of leisure, health activities and programs for your clients.
If you are working in a residential facility, community agency or day centre, then the nationally recognised Certificate IV Leisure and Health will help you take the next step in your career.
You will learn how to:
- Use communication to build relationships
- Work with diverse people
- Work effectively in the leisure and health industries
- Contribute to programming
- Participate in the planning, implementation and monitoring of individual leisure and health programs
- Participate in planning leisure and health programs for clients with complex needs
- Incorporate lifespan development and sociological concepts
- Reflect on and improve your own professional practice
- Confirm physical health status
- Follow safe work practices for direct client care
You will also learn other skills relating to individual and community support through elective units of study.
The Certificate IV in Leisure and Health is available to study as an Australian Traineeship.
To achieve this qualification, you must have completed at least 120 hours of work as detailed in the Assessment Requirements of the units of competency. While workers are responsible for their own outputs, work is carried out under direct or indirect supervision within defined organisation guidelines.
Please note: If you are seeking to enrol in a First Aid unit of competency you are advised that to complete the unit you must be able to perform basic life support skills, for example control bleeding and perform cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR). If you have a disability that would prevent you from performing required basic life support skills, you are advised that you will not be able to achieve the unit of competency.
This course is currently available at 10 campus locations across NSW. Enquire now for other locations.
- Nationally Recognised Training
- Traineeship Allowed
- Blended, Full Time, Part Time Day, Part Time Evening