Diploma of Dental Technology
National Course Code: HLT55118
Work as a dental technician in the evolving oral health industry with the nationally accredited Diploma of Dental Technology. Learn the technical skills to construct a range of different models and orthodontic appliances and be at the cutting edge of technology in this growing field.
LEARN NEW SKILLS
Through theory and practical course work, you will learn how to:
- Make digital dental restorations and appliances
- Use Computer Aided Design (CAD)
- Build and repair a range of dentures, crown and bridge structures, oral splints, ceramic and fixed restorations
- Construct registration rims and thermoformed bases, appliances and articulate models
DEVELOP YOUR TALENT
Develop the skills that will help you get ahead in this field:
- A high level of attention to detail and precision workmanship
- Good hand-eye coordination and manual dexterity
- Artistic ability to design oral prosthetics
ACHIEVE YOUR GOALS
Completing this course will provide you with:
- A nationally recognised Diploma that allows you to work anywhere in Australia
- The ability to work in a dental laboratory
- Dental Technician
- Dental Laboratory Technician
- Prosthetic Technician
You may also choose to specialise in one area of technology like cosmetics or crowns and bridges, or specific materials which can lead to a career as a model maker or acrylic dental technician.
GROW YOUR CAREER
Take your career further to work in a supervisory role with the:
- Advanced Diploma of Dental Prosthetics
Challenge yourself with a degree in:
- Bachelor of Dental Technology
- Bachelor of Dental Prosthetics
The Skills IQ industry skills forecast projects that the dental technician role will experience a steady growth over the five years.
There is a particularly urgent need for dental technicians across regional and rural communities in NSW, which is expected to continue into the future.
We could not find any courses for the filters you have applied, please , or click here and our friendly team will let you know about other options.
- Nationally Recognised Training