Certificate IV in Aeroskills (Avionics) (Aircraft Maintenance Stream)
National Course Code: MEA40618
*** This course provides an outcome in the Aircraft Maintenance stream. Please enquire with your local TAFE NSW if you want to enrol in the Component Maintenance Workshop stream ***
This qualification applies to employees of Continuing Airworthiness Management Organisations (CAMOs) or to members of the Australian Defence Force (ADF) who perform scheduled inspections, fault diagnosis and repair, and modification of aircraft electrical, instrument and radio systems and system components. It defines the exit from an apprenticeship and may apply to either aircraft maintenance performed on flight lines/ramps and in hangars, or to avionic component repair and overhaul performed in workshops. These outcomes are defined in two streams:
- aircraft maintenance stream
- component maintenance workshop stream.
The qualification consists of:
- common units that apply to all Aeroskills specialist streams at Certificate III and IV levels
- avionic technical stream units relating to either aircraft avionic system and component maintenance or to component repair and overhaul
- one mechanical technical stream unit that is applicable to the aircraft maintenance stream
- one imported unit that is applicable to the aircraft maintenance stream.
Because of the wide application of this qualification there is considerable flexibility in the selection of technical stream units and individuals should be mindful of their future career aspirations when selecting units for, in particular, the aircraft maintenance stream.
This course is currently available at 2 campus locations across NSW. Enquire now for other locations.
- Nationally Recognised Training
- Apprenticeship Allowed
- Blended, Part Time Day