Certificate II in Floristry (Assistant)
National Course Code: SFL20115
The nationally accredited Certificate II in Floristry gives you the skills to become a floristry assistant in the retail sector. Spend your days working with a variety of flowers, creating beautiful arrangements that brighten a space and accompany the most important moments in life.
TAFE NSW is an award winning training provider, taking out the NSW Flower Growers Group Floristry School of the Year Award in 2017, 2018 and 2019.
LEARN NEW SKILLS
Through theoretical and practical course work, you will learn to:
- Care for floristry stock and keep them fresh
- Construct a basic range of floristry products
- Use multiple techniques to create flower effects
- Use a range of floristry tools
- Efficiently unpack floristry stock
- Work safely in the floristry industry
DEVELOP YOUR TALENT
Develop the personal attributes that will help you get ahead:
- Effective communication skills to build relationships with customers, suppliers and colleagues
- Time management and the ability to work under pressure
- An eye for design and style
ACHIEVE YOUR GOALS
Completing this course will provide you with:
- A nationally recognised qualification at Certificate II level
- Strong pathways to continue your studies and enhance your career opportunities
- Florist assistant
GROW YOUR CAREER
Watch your career bloom as you continue your studies with:
- Certificate III of Floristry
- Certificate IV of Floristry
- Diploma of Floristry
The Flower Retailing industry in Australia is blooming, having generated $830 million in 2019/20, with forecast growth continuing to 2024/25.
Employers are seeking staff that are skilled in both floral arrangement and business marketing, and possess technical skills including knowledge of seasonal varieties to keep up with demand.
This course is currently available at 8 campus locations across NSW. Enquire now for other locations.
- Nationally Recognised Training
- Traineeship Allowed
- Part Time Day, Part Time Evening