Degrees Top - Business
Degrees Middle - Business
More about this Degree
Course code: HE20514
Locations: TAFE NSW Granville, TAFE NSW Ultimo
Duration: 3 years full time or part time equivalent
Course load: You must complete 24 subjects and achieve 240 credit points to complete this course. Each subject is worth 10 credit points.
- Classes commence 26 July 2021
- Applications close 18 June 2021
- Late applications close 16 July 2021 subject to availability of places.
At a glance:
- The Bachelor of Business is an undergraduate qualification taught in English
- It is at Level 7 on the Australian Qualifications Framework
- A one year Diploma of Business and two year Associate Degree of Business are also available for enrolment (minimum enrolment numbers needed)
To be eligible for admission into the Bachelor of Business you must have at least ONE of the following entry requirements:
- NSW HSC (Higher School Certificate) or equivalent with HSC level Maths
- Recognised Tertiary Preparation Certificate
- Certificate IV level or higher vocational qualification
- Completion of at least one year full-time study or equivalent in a degree course at a higher education institution
You must also have:
- Maths knowledge to HSC level of equivalent. If you don’t have sufficient maths knowledge, you may have to do a bridging program or preparatory maths course.
- You may have to attend an interview as part of the application process and/or submit a portfolio of evidence to demonstrate the likelihood of your successful completion
- You do NOT require an ATAR for entry into this course
- If you do not meet any of the four minimum entry requirements, you may be able to apply for entry under special admissions provisions including mature age or disadvantage.
In 2021, domestic students will pay a tuition fee of $1,310 per subject (a total of $31,440 for the full bachelor degree*). This course attracts FEE-HELP, so eligible students can study now and pay later.
Tuition fees for international students can be found on the TAFE NSW International website.
* Note that tuition fees are reviewed annually and are subject to change. Check current fee information in the Fee Schedule on the Fees and Payments page.
There may be additional costs to purchase resources required for individual subjects. The course coordinator can advise you of any additional course fees.
If you have extensive relevant and current industry experience or you’ve recently completed studies in a related field, you may be eligible for exemptions from similar subjects in the Bachelor of Business.
Courses for which recognition will be granted include, but are not limited to, diploma and advanced diploma qualifications in business, business administration, international business, management, marketing, human resources, events, hospitality, travel and tourism, accounting, logistics, and financial services.
Talk to your course coordinator to see if you’re eligible. You are required to attend class until you are advised that your application for RPL has been successful.
Note: Your application for RPL will assess your prior learning against the outcomes of this course. RPL is only granted against full subjects. Partial RPL will not be granted.
Full-time students enrol in four subjects per semester, with face to face classes totalling approximately 16 hours per week. Students are expected to undertake an equivalent amount of private study to maximise success in the course
A range of assessment methods are used across subjects in this course to allow students to demonstrate both practical skills and theoretical knowledge. Most subjects require the completion of 3 to 4 assessment tasks. Assessment types include, but are not limited to case studies, essays, reports, group activities, presentations, tests and examinations.
You can view the course structure and an overview of study requirements for each subject by downloading the Course Information Brochure.
You might be interested in starting out with a higher education short course first.
These short courses are undergraduate certificates, designed to provide you with the professional skills and knowledge to move into new employment opportunities, or to count towards completing the diploma or bachelor course.
This course is available for enrolment by international students, subject to meeting course entry requirements and satisfying student visa conditions. For more information including tuition fees go to the TAFE NSW International website.
While every effort has been made to ensure the above information is accurate and up to date, you are advised to contact the course coordinator for specific and up to date information about tuition fees and academic requirements of the course.
Degrees - Related - Purple
Degrees - Business - FAQs
Frequently Asked Questions
You can learn about our course tuition fees at: tafensw.edu.au/degrees/applying-and-fees/fees-and-payment. Students only pay for subjects they enrol in each semester – you do not pay the full course tuition fee at the time of initial enrolment. Plus, if you are an Australian citizen, you can defer payment of your tuition fees by taking out a FEE-HELP loan.
The TAFE NSW Bachelor of Business degree requires you to complete 24 subjects. A full time study load involves 4 subjects per semester so you will complete the degree in three years. Many students choose to study part time while working. Part time study can include day or evening classes, to fit around your work.
The TAFE NSW Bachelor of Business degree opens up a range of business career opportunities both in Australia and internationally. Start your own business, move up into management positions from your current role, or expand your role into marketing or international trade. A business degree is the starting point for a wide range of career possibilities.