Diploma of Sustainable Practice - TAFE NSW
Degrees Top - Sustainable Practice
Degrees Middle - Sustainable Practice
More about this Diploma
Course code: HE20517
Locations: This course is delivered fully online
Duration: 1 year full-time or part time equivalent
Course load: You must complete 8 subjects and achieve 80 credit points to complete this course. Each subject is worth 10 credit points.
Applications close: 29 November 2019
Next intake: February 2020
At a glance:
- The Diploma of Sustainable Practice is an undergraduate qualification taught in English.
- The course is located at Level 5 on the Australian Qualifications Framework.
- Graduates will be equipped to work in roles such as sustainability officer or sustainability manager in the business, government and community sectors.
To be eligible for admission into the Diploma of Sustainable Practice you must have at least ONE of the following entry requirements:
- NSW HSC (Higher School Certificate) or equivalent
- Recognised Tertiary Preparation Certificate
- Certificate IV level or higher vocational qualification
- Completion of at least one year full-time study or equivalent in a degree course at a higher education institution
- You do NOT require an ATAR for entry into this course
- If you do not meet any of the four minimum entry requirements, you may be able to apply for entry under special admissions provisions including mature age or disadvantage
In 2019 domestic students will pay a tuition fee of $1,020 per subject (a total of $8,160 for the full Diploma*). This course attracts FEE-HELP, so eligible students can study now and pay later.
There may be additional costs to purchase resources required for individual subjects. The course coordinator can advise you of any additional course fees.
* Note that tuition fees are reviewed annually and are subject to change. Check current fee information in the Fee Schedule on the Fees and Payments page.
Be recognised for your knowledge and experience with Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL). If you’ve completed studies in a related field, or had extensive and relevant industry experience, you may be eligible for exemption from similar subjects in the Diploma of Sustainable Practice.
Applications for RPL must be made to your Course Coordinator and must include supporting documentation. You are required to attend class until you are advised that your RPL request has been granted.
Full-time students enrol in four subjects per semester, with subject content delivered online. As well as engaging with online learning content, students are expected to undertake additional private study to maximise success in the course.
You are required to have internet access and a computer capable of connecting with TAFE NSW online systems.
A range of assessment methods are used across subjects in this course to allow students to demonstrate both practical skills and theoretical knowledge. Most subjects require the completion of 3 to 4 assessment tasks. Assessment types include, but are not limited to practical exercises, case studies, written reports, research reports, field work exercises and examinations.
You can view the course structure and an overview of study requirements for each subject by downloading the Course Information Brochure
As a fully online course, this course is not available for enrolment by international students studying on a student visa.
While every effort has been made to ensure the above information is accurate and up to date, you are advised to contact the course coordinator for specific and up to date information about tuition fees and academic requirements of the course.
The course also assists graduates to gain or maintain professional certification with the International Society of Sustainability Professionals (ISSP).