Scholarships - Equity Scholarship - Banner
Equity Scholarship - Content
Industry Scholarships - Equity
Are you experiencing financial hardship? Are you at a disadvantage that may prevent you from achieving your study goals? Whether it’s financial, medical or a disability barrier, Equity Scholarships are awarded each semester to students just like you.
If you’re passionate about study, can demonstrate your interest and are committed to your career an Equity Scholarship make it easier to reach your learning and career goals.
The scholarship is valued at up to $1,000 depending on the study area and this will assist with course fees and other course-related charges. Higher amounts may be awarded in exceptional individual circumstances.
Closing date: 14 February 2020
In addition to fulfilling the entry requirements for your chosen course, to be eligible to apply for a scholarship, you must:
- Be an Australian citizen or Australian permanent resident
- Be attending one of the following TAFE NSW locations: Ultimo, Randwick, Petersham, Design Centre Enmore, Sutherland (Gymea and Loftus), Eora Centre, St George, Hornsby, Meadowbank, Northern Beaches, Ryde and St Leonards.
- You must take up your scholarship offer immediately. If you need to defer, you will need to re-apply at a later date and there are no guarantees that you’ll be offered the same scholarship
- If you transfer to another course, your scholarship cannot be transferred
- You may apply for more than one Industry scholarship (e.g. Equity and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander). However, you will only be eligible to hold one scholarship at a time
- TAFE NSW cannot provide you with financial advice on taxation or Centrelink matters. You are responsible for seeking taxation advice regarding your own personal circumstances. Information is available on the Department of Human Services website.
- Fill in the Application Form and supply all key documents as part of your application. Only complete applications with all documentation will be considered. Email your completed application form and all key documents to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Scholarship Assessment Committee will assess the information provided in your application form and create a shortlist of appropriate candidates. These candidates may then be invited to attend an interview.
- All applicants will be notified by email of the outcome of their scholarship application shortly after the selection process is completed. Please note this can take six weeks from the time of the application closing date.
- If you’re successful you will receive a Scholarship Recipient Agreement (offer letter) that outlines the terms and conditions of accepting the scholarship. You can also view the Industry Scholarship Terms & Conditions on the application form.
The selection criteria will be used by the Scholarship Assessment Committee when assessing your application.
- Demonstrate your commitment and motivation to study and to successfully complete the course and gain employment, and
- Demonstrate educational disadvantage and financial hardship and currently be in receipt of Centrelink benefits
Download and complete the application form. Ensure you sign the declaration and attach all relevant supporting documents.
Scan and email the Application form with supporting documents to: email@example.com by 14 February 2020.