Scholarships - Newcastle Lord Mayors - Banner
Scholarships - Newcastle Lord Mayor's Arts Scholarship - Content
Newcastle Lord Mayor's Arts Scholarship
The Newcastle Lord Mayor’s Arts Scholarship was established in 2004 to nurture young talent in their quest for excellence in all spheres of the arts including, art, music, drama, dance and writing. It recognises the commitment of Newcastle City Council to the cultural development of the region. The scholarship is intended to offer financial support to young, financially disadvantaged students of TAFE NSW undertaking studies in the arts.
One (1) Newcastle Lord Mayor’s Scholarship will be awarded each semester at a value of $1,000.
Closing date: 5pm Friday, 3 April 2020
Applicants must be enrolled at TAFE NSW in the Hunter or Central Coast Region studying a course related to art, music, drama, dance or writing.
- Applicants must:
- Study in the Newcastle Council area
- Be under 30 years of age as of 30 June 2020
- Be financially disadvantaged (defined as in receipt of Centrelink Benefits or eligible for a Health Care Card or a Low Income Health Care Card)
- Be enrolled in a course of study at TAFE NSW related to art, music, drama, dance or writing
- Have achieved outstanding academic results in the relevant course area/s
- Have demonstrated a high level of professional practice in the relevant arts area/s
- Not hold another scholarship for the same course of equivalent or more substantial benefit
Can I supply photos or video of my work?
Yes, you are required to submit two examples of your work, and we will accept photos and/or video. All examples of your work must be verified by your teacher.
Can I apply if I live outside the Newcastle Local Government Area?
You may still be eligible to apply, provided you are studying with TAFE NSW in the Newcastle Local Government Area.
Download and complete the application form. Ensure you sign the declaration and attach all relevant supporting documents.
Scan and email the Application form with supporting documents to: firstname.lastname@example.org by 5pm Friday, 3 April 2020.