Course Start Date
3 Hours per week
- This training is subsidised by the NSW Government
- Fully Subsidised Course
The nationally accredited Statement of Attainment in Defence Preparation Science prepares you for the recruitment process into the Australian Defence Force. Learn foundational maths skills that are directly relevant to working with the ADF.This is a fully government subsidised JobTrainer course. Eligibility criteria applies.
LEARN NEW SKILLS
Through a mix of theory and practical coursework, learn to:
- Conduct scientific experiments in electricity and matter
- Conduct introductory chemistry experiments
- Use scientific aspects of workplace health and safety
DEVELOP YOUR TALENT
Develop the attributes to help you get ahead:
- Collaboration and teamwork abilities- Initiative and adaptability
- Integrity and emotional intelligence
- Problem solving skills
ACHIEVE YOUR GOALS
Completing this course provides you with:
- A Statement of Attainment in Defence Preparation Maths, which will give you the numeracy skills needed as a new recruit to the Australian Defence Force (ADF)- A strong pathway to a range of study and career opportunities
GROW YOUR CAREER
Take your study to the next level with:
- The Certificate II in Further Study Skills
- Apprenticeships in trades with the Australian Defence Force
- Degree options at the Australian Defence Force Academy or through the Defence University Sponsorship program
** Successful completion of this course will allow you to apply for entry into the ADF, where you can do further training in:
- Trades: plumbing, carpentry, automotive mechanics, cookery
- Professions: medicine, dentistry, law, engineering, science
A historic $200 billion is being invested by the Australian Government to modernise Australia's defence capability until 2026, securing our nation while strengthening our defence industry and creating Australian jobs.
Discover the skills you need, for the job you want at a TAFE NSW Information Session.
This is a online variable course. You must attend approximately 3 hours of class. You may also be required to complete approximately 1 hours of additional study. This additional study could include private study, work placements and research.
The course will run online for 26 weeks. You can increase the hours of online study per week to complete the course sooner.
We offer student services and study support to ensure you can achieve your goals. Learn about TAFE NSW Student Services
As a TAFE NSW student in this course, you will have access to:
- LinkedIn Learning (formerly Lynda.com)
- Smarthinking - after hours online study support service
- Easy computing online short courses
- Access to local TAFE libraries
- Accessibility and Disability Support Services
- Access to Read&Write learning support software at TAFE and at home
An individual training plan will be provided when you enrol in this course. Your plan will outline the recommended study timetable and detail your units and assessments.
SMART AND SKILLED FEES
This course is government-subsidised, meaning you pay a portion of the full course fee to TAFE NSW and the NSW Government will pay the balance. However, you must meet certain eligibility criteria for this to apply.
Depending on your previous qualifications and experience, your fee may be less than the maximum fee quoted. Your actual fee and eligibility for concession/exemption will be calculated and confirmed during the enrolment process. Payment plans are available through TAFE NSW for Smart and Skilled eligible qualifications.
For further information about eligibility and explanations of the different fee categories, visit Are You Eligible?
READ BEFORE YOU ENROL
Learn about TAFE NSW Fees
Learn about TAFE NSW Payment/Funding
Recognition is a process of acknowledging previously completed qualifications, skills, knowledge or experience relevant to your course. This may reduce the amount of learning required, reduce your course fees and allow you to achieve your qualification faster.
Learn about Recognition at TAFE NSW Recognition
Enrolling with us is easy, though the exact process does depend on your course and any prerequisites that go with it. Be sure to read all course information carefully to make sure it is the right qualification, location and study type for you. Enrol and pay online via our secure payment gateway to secure your place. As you progress through the enrolment process you will be prompted to provide additional information.
For further information or assistance, call 131 601.
If you are interested in studying as a Trainee please call 131 601 for full details. (only if available as a trainee)
|NAT11041005||Work safely in a science learning environment|
|NAT11041006||Conduct basic experiments into matter and electricity|
|NAT11041007||Conduct basic experiments into aspects of introductory chemistry|
|NAT11041008||Conduct basic experiments into scientific aspects of workplace health|
This short course contains the Science units of competency required for general entry to the Australian Defence Forces (ADF).Note: general entry into the ADF requires English and Math units; trades entry requires English, Math and Science units.
Whether you're a school leaver, an aspiring apprentice, looking to kickstart a career, or you're upskilling, reskilling, or re-training, there's a TAFE NSW course to give you the skills you need for the job you want.Enrol Now
Phone 131 601
Download Course Brochure
Enter your details to make an enquiry and receive the course brochure
22OTE-005 S:01 Jul 2022 E:30 Jun 2023 D:364