Course Start Date
28 Jan 2022
8 Hours per week
- Non Government Subsidised
The Statement of Attainment in Provide First Aid in an Education and Care Setting is a common employment requirement in the industry and gives you an essential skillset so the children in your care have the best chance at staying safe. Learn emergency response techniques including CPR.
LEARN NEW SKILLS
Through a mix of theory and practical coursework, learn to:
- Identify signs and symptoms of acute illness in children and infants
- Activate emergency action plans for known medical conditions including asthma and anaphylaxis
- Manage 25 different illnesses and injuries from dehydration, vomiting and diarrhoea to poisoning, fracture, choking and burns
- Perform cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR)
- Respond to emergency situations
- Use first aid equipment
- Maintain privacy, consent and confidentiality protocols
- Follow codes of practice and workplace procedures
DEVELOP YOUR TALENT
Develop the attributes to help you get ahead:
- Emotional intelligence
- An interest in helping others
- Problem solving skills
- Self-management skills
- Teamwork and communication skills
- The ability to treat a diverse range of first aid recipients
ACHIEVE YOUR GOALS
Completing this course provides you with:
- A nationally accredited Statement of Attainment
- Specialist skills that could help you save a life
GROW YOUR CAREER
Ready to commit to a higher qualification in this field?
- Gain more complex skills with the Statement of Attainment in Provide Advanced First Aid
Considering another study pathway? Discover the full range of TAFE NSW courses on offer.
Graduates of this Statement of Attainment will go on to be a:
- First aid certified worker
Discover the skills you need, for the job you want at a TAFE NSW Information Session.
This is a part time, on campus course. You must attend approximately 8 hours of class. You may also be required to complete approximately 6 hours of additional study. This additional study could include private study, work placements and research.
The course will run 1 days a week for 1 days.
We offer student services and study support to ensure you can achieve your goals. Learn about TAFE NSW Student Services
As a TAFE NSW student in this course, you will have access to:
- LinkedIn Learning (formerly Lynda.com)
- Smarthinking - after hours online study support service
- Easy computing online short courses
- Access to local TAFE libraries
- Accessibility and Disability Support Services
- Access to Read&Write learning support software at TAFE and at home
The way you learn may change during your enrolment to ensure the best learning experience or to keep you safe as COVID-19 restrictions change, and some of our face to face classes may change to online or virtual classroom learning. Also, to ensure that we keep you safe while studying, we may modify our face to face classes to meet physical distancing requirements and increased cleaning on campus. If work placement and the demonstration of practical skills are requirements of your course, there may be a modification or delay in the planned timeframe due to COVID-19 impacts. Be assured, we'll keep you informed every step of the way.
This course is currently scheduled on Friday with day classes. This timetable may change and will be confirmed by your teacher.
This training is not subsidised by Government funding. There are no fee exemptions, concessions or subsidies available for this course.
Payment of course fee must be made PRIOR to commencement of learning activity.
READ BEFORE YOU ENROL
Learn about TAFE NSW Fees
Learn about TAFE NSW Payment/Funding
Recognition is a process of acknowledging previously completed qualifications, skills, knowledge or experience relevant to your course. This may reduce the amount of learning required, reduce your course fees and allow you to achieve your qualification faster.
Learn about Recognition at TAFE NSW Recognition
Enrolling with us is easy, though the exact process does depend on your course and any prerequisites that go with it. Be sure to read all course information carefully to make sure it is the right qualification, location and study type for you. Enrol and pay online via our secure payment gateway to secure your place. As you progress through the enrolment process you will be prompted to provide additional information.
For further information or assistance, call 131 601.
Whether you're a school leaver, an aspiring apprentice, looking to kickstart a career, or you're upskilling, reskilling, or re-training, there's a TAFE NSW course to give you the skills you need for the job you want.Enrol Now
Panorama Avenue, Bathurst
Phone 131 601
Download Course Brochure
Enter your details to make an enquiry and receive the course brochure