Course Start Date
11 Feb 2022
4 Hours per week
- Non Government Subsidised
The Statement of Attainment in Provide First Aid and Provide Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation is essential to work in a wide range of industries including nursing, aged care, building and construction and agriculture. Equip yourself with life-saving skills to take immediate action in an emergency and apply first aid to casualties as well as perform CPR.
LEARN NEW SKILLS
Through a mix of theory and practical coursework, learn to:
- Recognise and respond to emergency situations
- Perform cardiopulmonary resuscitation
- Apply first aid principles for a variety of situations, including burns, cuts, allergies or choking
- Use an automated external defibrillator (AED)
DEVELOP YOUR TALENT
Develop the attributes to help you get ahead:
- An interest in helping others
ACHIEVE YOUR GOALS
Completing this course provides you with:
- Confidence to help in emergency first aid situations
- Skills in communication and working under pressure
- Exposure to emergency situations in a safe and simulated environment
- A nationally recognised First Aid Certificate
- Confidence to embark on further studies
- Credit towards a full qualification in multiple industries
- Strong pathways to continue your studies and enhance your career opportunities
GROW YOUR CAREER
Ready to commit to a full qualification in this field? This Statement of Attainment gives you a strong foundation to succeed in several other industries where first aid is a requirement. If further health study is your aim, progress to:
- Certificate III in Health Service Assistance
- Certificate III in Individual Support
Graduates of this Statement of Attainment will go on to be a:
- First aid certified worker
Discover the skills you need, for the job you want at a TAFE NSW Information Session.
This is a part-time combination course. You must attend approximately 4 hours of class. You may also be required to complete approximately 10 hours of additional study. This additional study could include private study and research.
The course will run for 1 day.
We offer student services and study support to ensure you can achieve your goals. Learn about TAFE NSW Student Services
As a TAFE NSW student in this course, you will have access to:
- LinkedIn Learning (formerly Lynda.com)
- Smarthinking - after hours online study support service
- Easy computing online short courses
- Access to local TAFE libraries
- Accessibility and Disability Support Services
- Access to Read&Write learning support software at TAFE and at home
The way you learn may change during your enrolment to ensure the best learning experience or to keep you safe as COVID-19 restrictions change, and some of our face to face classes may change to online or virtual classroom learning. Also, to ensure that we keep you safe while studying, we may modify our face to face classes to meet physical distancing requirements and increased cleaning on campus. If work placement and the demonstration of practical skills are requirements of your course, there may be a modification or delay in the planned timeframe due to COVID-19 impacts. Be assured, we'll keep you informed every step of the way.
This course is currently scheduled on Friday with morning classes. This timetable may change and will be confirmed by your teacher.
This training is not subsidised by Government funding. There are no fee exemptions, concessions or subsidies available for this course.
Payment of course fee must be made PRIOR to commencement of learning activity.
READ BEFORE YOU ENROL
Learn about TAFE NSW Fees
Learn about TAFE NSW Payment/Funding
Recognition is a process of acknowledging previously completed qualifications, skills, knowledge or experience relevant to your course. This may reduce the amount of learning required, reduce your course fees and allow you to achieve your qualification faster.
Learn about Recognition at TAFE NSW Recognition
Enrolling with us is easy, though the exact process does depend on your course and any prerequisites that go with it. Be sure to read all course information carefully to make sure it is the right qualification, location and study type for you. Enrol and pay online via our secure payment gateway to secure your place. As you progress through the enrolment process you will be prompted to provide additional information.
For further information or assistance, call 131 601.
Whether you're a school leaver, an aspiring apprentice, looking to kickstart a career, or you're upskilling, reskilling, or re-training, there's a TAFE NSW course to give you the skills you need for the job you want.Enrol Now
86 Wootten Street, West Wyalong
Phone 131 601
Download Course Brochure
Enter your details to make an enquiry and receive the course brochure