Course Start Date
07 Sep 2022
16 Hours per week
- Nationally Recognised Training
Complete the nationally accredited Statement of Attainment in Agricultural Chemical Skill Set and gain a competitive edge in the market. Acquire skills to safely transport and handle chemicals unsupervised across a range of industries and get your chemical user accreditation.
LEARN NEW SKILLS
Through a mix of theory and practical coursework, learn to:
- Safely prepare and apply chemicals for the control of pests, weeds and diseases
- Use general chemical application equipment independently
- Perform chemical store audits
- Execute calibration exercises
- Safely handle, transport and store chemicals unsupervised
DEVELOP YOUR TALENT
Develop the attributes to help you get ahead:
- A passion for agronomy and farming
- An ability to manage risk when using chemicals
- Attention to detail
- Commitment to work health and safety practices
ACHIEVE YOUR GOALS
Completing this course provides you with:
- A nationally accredited Statement of Attainment
- Eligibility to apply for your Chemical Users Licence through the NSW Environmental Protection Authority (EPA) which enables you to charge for your services as a contractor
- A chemical user accreditation which meets the training requirements under the NSW Pesticides Regulation 2017
- Experience safely handling chemicals in the workplace
- Specialist skills in chemical application
GROW YOUR CAREER
Take your career further with a TAFE NSW pest control pathway:
- Certificate III and IV in Agriculture
- Certificate III and IV in Horticulture
- Certificate III and IV in Conservation and Ecosystem Management
Considering another study pathway? Discover the full range of TAFE NSW courses on offer.
Graduates who complete a full qualification go on to roles including:
- Farm worker
- Pest control worker
- Horticultural worker
- Broadacre spray contractor
- Conservation worker
Discover the skills you need, for the job you want at a TAFE NSW Information Session.
This is a full time, on campus course. You must attend approximately 16 hours of class. You may also be required to complete approximately 12 hours of additional study. This additional study could include private study, work placements and research.
The course will run 2 days a week for 2 days.
We offer student services and study support to ensure you can achieve your goals. Learn about TAFE NSW Student Services
As a TAFE NSW student in this course, you will have access to:
- LinkedIn Learning (formerly Lynda.com)
- Smarthinking - after hours online study support service
- Easy computing online short courses
- Access to local TAFE libraries
- Accessibility and Disability Support Services
- Access to Read&Write learning support software at TAFE and at home
The way you learn may change during your enrolment to ensure the best learning experience or to keep you safe as COVID-19 restrictions change, and some of our face to face classes may change to online or virtual classroom learning. Also, to ensure that we keep you safe while studying, we may modify our face to face classes to meet physical distancing requirements and increased cleaning on campus. If work placement and the demonstration of practical skills are requirements of your course, there may be a modification or delay in the planned timeframe due to COVID-19 impacts. Be assured, we'll keep you informed every step of the way.
This course is currently scheduled on Wednesday, Thursday with day classes. This timetable may change and will be confirmed by your teacher.
This training is not subsidised by Government funding. There are no fee exemptions, concessions, or subsidies available for this course.
Payment of course fee must be made PRIOR to commencement of learning activity.
You will need to provide for yourself the following resources which you will keep when you complete your study:
- Work boots, long sleeve shirt and long pants.
READ BEFORE YOU ENROL
Learn about TAFE NSW Fees
Learn about TAFE NSW Payment/Funding
Recognition is a process of acknowledging previously completed qualifications, skills, knowledge or experience relevant to your course. This may reduce the amount of learning required, reduce your course fees and allow you to achieve your qualification faster.
Learn about Recognition at TAFE NSW Recognition
Enrolling with us is easy, though the exact process does depend on your course and any prerequisites that go with it. Be sure to read all course information carefully to make sure it is the right qualification, location and study type for you. Enrol and pay online via our secure payment gateway to secure your place. As you progress through the enrolment process you will be prompted to provide additional information.
For further information or assistance, call 131 601.
Whether you're a school leaver, an aspiring apprentice, looking to kickstart a career, or you're upskilling, reskilling, or re-training, there's a TAFE NSW course to give you the skills you need for the job you want.Enrol Now
Phone 131 601
Download Course Brochure
Enter your details to make an enquiry and receive the course brochure