Course Start Date
11 Hours per week
- Nationally Recognised Training
- Traineeship Allowed
- This training is subsidised by the NSW Government
The nationally accredited Certificate III in Legal Services equips you with the skills to work in legal services administrative support. Learn legal terminology, explore how the justice system works and develop the organisational abilities to take your business administration career anywhere.
LEARN NEW SKILLS
Through a mix of theory and practical coursework, learn to:
- Work in a legal environment
- Use business software like Microsoft Office
- Understand legal principles and processes
- Protect electronic and paper-based documents, exhibits and confidential information
- Communicate professionally in the workplace
DEVELOP YOUR TALENT
Develop the attributes to help you get ahead:
- An ethical approach to your work
- Strong attention to detail
- A methodical and process-driven approach to work
- Strong communication skills
ACHIEVE YOUR GOALS
- A nationally recognised qualification at Certificate III level
- A strong pathway to continue your study and enhance your career opportunities
- Legal administrative assistant
- Legal receptionist
- Office administration assistant
- Office receptionist
GROW YOUR CAREER
Take your career further with the:
- Certificate IV in Legal Services
- Diploma of Paralegal Services
Discover the skills you need, for the job you want at a TAFE NSW Information Session.
This is a self paced online course. You must attend approximately 11 hours of class. You may also be required to complete approximately 10 hours of additional study. This additional study could include private study, work placements and research.
The course will run for 52 weeks.
We offer student services and study support to ensure you can achieve your goals. Learn about TAFE NSW Student Services
As a TAFE NSW student in this course, you will have access to:
- LinkedIn Learning (formerly Lynda.com)
- Smarthinking - after hours online study support service
- Easy computing online short courses
- Access to local TAFE libraries
- Accessibility and Disability Support Services
- Access to Read&Write learning support software at TAFE and at home
An individual training plan will be provided when you enrol in this course. Your plan will outline the recommended study timetable and detail your units and assessments.
SMART AND SKILLED FEES
This course is government-subsidised, meaning you pay a portion of the full course fee to TAFE NSW and the NSW Government will pay the balance. However, you must meet certain eligibility criteria for this to apply.
Depending on your previous qualifications and experience, your fee may be less than the maximum fee quoted. Your actual fee and eligibility for concession/exemption will be calculated and confirmed during the enrolment process. Payment plans are available through TAFE NSW for Smart and Skilled eligible qualifications.
For further information about eligibility and explanations of the different fee categories, visit Are You Eligible?
READ BEFORE YOU ENROL
Learn about TAFE NSW Fees
Learn about TAFE NSW Payment/Funding
Recognition is a process of acknowledging previously completed qualifications, skills, knowledge or experience relevant to your course. This may reduce the amount of learning required, reduce your course fees and allow you to achieve your qualification faster.
Learn about Recognition at TAFE NSW Recognition
Enrolling with us is easy, though the exact process does depend on your course and any prerequisites that go with it. Be sure to read all course information carefully to make sure it is the right qualification, location and study type for you. Enrol and pay online via our secure payment gateway to secure your place. As you progress through the enrolment process you will be prompted to provide additional information.
For further information or assistance, call 131 601.
If you are interested in studying as a Trainee please call 131 601 for full details. (only if available as a trainee)
|BSBLEG311||Work in a legal services environment|
|BSBLEG314||Protect information in a legal services environment|
|BSBTEC201||Use business software applications|
|BSBXCM301||Engage in workplace communication|
|BSBLEG312||Carry out search of the public record|
|BSBLEG313||Lodge documents in a legal services environment|
|BSBCRT311||Apply critical thinking skills in a team environment|
|BSBOPS304||Deliver and monitor a service to customers|
|BSBPEF301||Organise personal work priorities|
|BSBWHS211||Contribute to the health and safety of self and others|
|BSBWRT311||Write simple documents|
Whether you're a school leaver, an aspiring apprentice, looking to kickstart a career, or you're upskilling, reskilling, or re-training, there's a TAFE NSW course to give you the skills you need for the job you want.Enrol Now
Phone 131 601
Download Course Brochure
Enter your details to make an enquiry and receive the course brochure
22OTE-202 S:01 Jul 2022 E:30 Jun 2023 D:364