Course Start Date
18 Jul 2022
14 Hours per week
- Nationally Recognised Training
- Traineeship Allowed
- This training is fully government-subsidised under JobTrainer
The nationally recognised Certificate IV in Leadership and Management develops your skills so you can provide sound leadership and manage a team in different industries. Refine your leadership style and take your career to the next level with transferable leadership skills.
LEARN NEW SKILLS
Through a mix of theory and practical coursework, learn to:
- Lead and manage a team in various environments
- Promote team cohesion
- Communicate effectively within the workplace
- Demonstrate leadership through your own behaviour and high standards of conduct
- Coordinate business operational plans
- Monitor operational performance
DEVELOP YOUR TALENT
Develop the attributes to help you get ahead:
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- The ability to build successful workplace relationships
- Enjoy managing a diverse group of people at various levels of skill
- An interest in guiding people to meet their goals
- Critical thinking skills
- Attention to detail
ACHIEVE YOUR GOALS
Completing this course provides you with:
- A nationally recognised qualification at Certificate IV level
- The opportunity to take your career to the next level and develop your leadership style
- The ability to communicate effectively as a workplace leader
- Team leader
- Line manager
- Leading hand
- Frontline leader
GROW YOUR CAREER
Take your career further with the:
- Diploma of Leadership and Management
- Advanced Diploma in Leadership and Management
- Bachelor of Business with TAFE NSW Degrees
Discover the skills you need, for the job you want at a TAFE NSW Information Session.
This is a full time, virtual classroom on campus course. You must attend approximately 14 hours of class. You may also be required to complete approximately 10 hours of additional study. This additional study could include private study, work placements and research.
The course will run 3 days a week for 18 weeks.
Studying at a TAFE NSW Connected Learning Centre means that you dont have to leave your local community to get a first rate education and access elite training, teachers and support services.
Connected Learning Centres are custom designed to utilise modern technologies, simulations and virtual reality experiences to offer you a wider range of choices, more accessible, practical training and flexible learning opportunities. Students can access work booths, group learning rooms, a computer hub, print shop, tech-bar, media lounge, learning support centre and a creative space to work on ideas for the future.
Our Connected Learning Centres will equip you with the skills you need for the jobs you want - in regional NSW, or anywhere in the world. If you would like to explore your local Connected Learning Centre.
We offer student services and study support to ensure you can achieve your goals. Learn about TAFE NSW Student Services
As a TAFE NSW student in this course, you will have access to:
- LinkedIn Learning (formerly Lynda.com)
- Smarthinking - after hours online study support service
- Easy computing online short courses
- Access to local TAFE libraries
- Accessibility and Disability Support Services
- Access to Read&Write learning support software at TAFE and at home
The way you learn may change during your enrolment to ensure the best learning experience or to keep you safe as COVID-19 restrictions change, and some of our face to face classes may change to online or virtual classroom learning. Also, to ensure that we keep you safe while studying, we may modify our face to face classes to meet physical distancing requirements and increased cleaning on campus. If work placement and the demonstration of practical skills are requirements of your course, there may be a modification or delay in the planned timeframe due to COVID-19 impacts. Be assured, we'll keep you informed every step of the way.
This course is currently scheduled on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday with day classes. This timetable may change and will be confirmed by your teacher.
This is a fully government-subsidised JobTrainer course. Eligibility criteria applies.
SMART AND SKILLED FEES
This course is government-subsidised, meaning you pay a portion of the full course fee to TAFE NSW and the NSW Government will pay the balance. However, you must meet certain eligibility criteria for this to apply.
Depending on your previous qualifications and experience, your fee may be less than the maximum fee quoted. Your actual fee and eligibility for concession/exemption will be calculated and confirmed during the enrolment process. Payment plans are available through TAFE NSW for Smart and Skilled eligible qualifications.
For further information about eligibility and explanations of the different fee categories, visit Are You Eligible?
You will need to provide for yourself the following resources which you will keep when you complete your study:
- general stationary, (pen, pencil, eraser, highlighters and stapler), including an A4 ring binder/dividers and plastic sleeves for handouts
- headphones and a USB storage device or access to a cloud storage account
- access to a webcam and microphone in order to participate in the connected delivery sessions
- have access to a computer at home to allow for practice and completion of at home activities and completion of assessment work
Students will also have access to TAFE campus library resources to complete assessments.
READ BEFORE YOU ENROL
Learn about TAFE NSW Fees
Learn about TAFE NSW Payment/Funding
Recognition is a process of acknowledging previously completed qualifications, skills, knowledge or experience relevant to your course. This may reduce the amount of learning required, reduce your course fees and allow you to achieve your qualification faster.
Learn about Recognition at TAFE NSW Recognition
Enrolling with us is easy, though the exact process does depend on your course and any prerequisites that go with it. Be sure to read all course information carefully to make sure it is the right qualification, location and study type for you. Enrol and pay online via our secure payment gateway to secure your place. As you progress through the enrolment process you will be prompted to provide additional information.
For further information or assistance, call 131 601.
If you are interested in studying as a Trainee please call 131 601 for full details. (only if available as a trainee)
|BSBLDR411||Demonstrate leadership in the workplace|
|BSBLDR413||Lead effective workplace relationships|
|BSBOPS402||Coordinate business operational plans|
|BSBXCM401||Apply communication strategies in the workplace|
|BSBXTW401||Lead and facilitate a team|
|BSBCMM412||Lead difficult conversations|
|BSBCRT411||Apply critical thinking to work practices|
|BSBLDR412||Communicate effectively as a workplace leader|
|BSBLDR414||Lead team effectiveness|
|BSBLDR521||Lead the development of diverse workforces|
|BSBPEF402||Develop personal work priorities|
|BSBOPS404||Implement customer service strategies|
Sales Team Manager, Administrative Supervisor, Warehouse Team Leader, Line Manager
Whether you're a school leaver, an aspiring apprentice, looking to kickstart a career, or you're upskilling, reskilling, or re-training, there's a TAFE NSW course to give you the skills you need for the job you want.Enrol Now
Singleton Connected Learning Centre
Phone 131 601
Download Course Brochure
Enter your details to make an enquiry and receive the course brochure