Course Start Date
3 Hours per week
- Nationally Recognised Training
- Traineeship Allowed
- This training is fully government-subsidised under JobTrainer
The nationally recognised Certificate III in Early Childhood Education and Care gives you the foundational skills to begin your career in the industry. Graduate job-ready through face to learning and work placement experience to give the next generation a flying head start with their early education.
LEARN NEW SKILLS
Through a mix of theory and practical coursework, learn to:
- Care for babies and children, and ensure their health and safety
- Promote good nutrition and positive meal experiences
- Use an approved learning framework
- Support holistic development through play and learning
- Identify and respond to children at risk
- Perform emergency First Aid
- Promote cultural competence
DEVELOP YOUR TALENT
Develop the attributes to help you get ahead:
- Outstanding professionalism
- Passion for early education
- Communication and interpersonal skills
ACHIEVE YOUR GOALS
Completing this course will provide you with:
- A nationally accredited qualification at Certificate level
- Certification that meets the legal requirement to work as an early childhood educator
- A First Aid certificate
- A strong pathway to continue your study and enhance your career opportunities
- Childcare worker
- Preschool assistant
- Family day care educator
- Afterschool carer/educator
- Long daycare centre educator
GROW YOUR CAREER
Take your career further with the:
- Certificate IV in Education Support
- Diploma of School Age Care
- Diploma of Early Childhood Education and Care - Bachelor of Education Early Childhood with TAFE NSW Degrees
Discover the skills you need, for the job you want at a TAFE NSW Information Session.
This is a variable, workplace course. You must attend approximately 3 hours of class. You may also be required to complete approximately 20 hours of additional study. This additional study could include private study, work placements and research.
The course will run 2 days a week for 1 year.
Weekly timetabled tutorial support is provided during NSW School Terms throughout course delivery and trainee will receive onsite visits or Microsoft Teams by TAFE NSW mentor.
Students will be participating in a combination of Face to Face, virtual and workplace learning. Students will need to be competent in using a computer to complete research, assessment tasks and engage in learning. Students will need to have access to a computer and the internet.
We offer student services and study support to ensure you can achieve your goals. Learn about TAFE NSW Student Services
As a TAFE NSW student in this course, you will have access to:
- LinkedIn Learning (formerly Lynda.com)
- Smarthinking - after hours online study support service
- Easy computing online short courses
- Access to local TAFE libraries
- Accessibility and Disability Support Services
- Access to Read&Write learning support software at TAFE and at home
This course is currently scheduled on Wednesday and Friday with morning classes. This timetable may change and will be confirmed by your teacher.
This is a fully government-subsidised JobTrainer course. Eligibility criteria applies.
SMART AND SKILLED FEES
This course is government-subsidised, meaning you pay a portion of the full course fee to TAFE NSW and the NSW Government will pay the balance. However, you must meet certain eligibility criteria for this to apply.
Depending on your previous qualifications and experience, your fee may be less than the maximum fee quoted. Your actual fee and eligibility for concession/exemption will be calculated and confirmed during the enrolment process. Payment plans are available through TAFE NSW for Smart and Skilled eligible qualifications.
For further information about eligibility and explanations of the different fee categories, visit Are You Eligible?
You will need to provide for yourself the following resources which you will keep when you complete your study:
- First Aid Booklet $25 to be purchased prior to the start of unit HLTAID012 Provide an emergency first aid response in an education and care setting.
READ BEFORE YOU ENROL
Learn about TAFE NSW Fees
Learn about TAFE NSW Payment/Funding
Recognition is a process of acknowledging previously completed qualifications, skills, knowledge or experience relevant to your course. This may reduce the amount of learning required, reduce your course fees and allow you to achieve your qualification faster.
Learn about Recognition at TAFE NSW Recognition
Enrolling with us is easy, though the exact process does depend on your course and any prerequisites that go with it. Be sure to read all course information carefully to make sure it is the right qualification, location and study type for you. Enrol and pay online via our secure payment gateway to secure your place. As you progress through the enrolment process you will be prompted to provide additional information.
For further information or assistance, call 131 601.
|CHCECE030||Support inclusion and diversity|
|CHCECE031||Support children's health, safety and wellbeing|
|CHCECE032||Nurture babies and toddlers|
|CHCECE033||Develop positive and respectful relationships with children|
|CHCECE034||Use an approved learning framework to guide practice|
|CHCECE035||Support the holistic learning and development of children|
|CHCECE036||Provide experiences to support children's play and learning|
|CHCECE037||Support children to connect with the natural environment|
|CHCECE038||Observe children to inform practice|
|CHCECE054||Encourage understanding of Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander peoples' cultures|
|CHCECE055||Meet legal and ethical obligations in children's education and care|
|CHCECE056||Work effectively in children's education and care|
|CHCPRT001||Identify and respond to children and young people at risk|
|HLTAID012||Provide First Aid in an education and care setting|
|HLTWHS001||Participate in workplace health and safety|
|BSBSTR401||Promote innovation in team environments|
|BSBSUS411||Implement and monitor environmentally sustainable work practices|
|CHCDIV001||Work with diverse people|
|CHCECE039||Comply with family day care administration requirements|
|CHCECE040||Attend to daily functions in home-based child care|
|CHCPRP003||Reflect on and improve own professional practice|
|HLTFSE001||Follow basic food safety practices|
Whether you're a school leaver, an aspiring apprentice, looking to kickstart a career, or you're upskilling, reskilling, or re-training, there's a TAFE NSW course to give you the skills you need for the job you want.
Phone 131 601
Download Course Brochure
Enter your details to make an enquiry and receive the course brochure
22PMQ-014 S:02 Jan 2022 E:30 Dec 2022 D:362