Course Start Date
17 Hours per week
- Nationally Recognised Training
- Traineeship Allowed
- This training is fully government-subsidised under JobTrainer
The nationally accredited Certificate III in School Based Education Support enables you to start a rewarding career as a learning support officer or teachers aide. Assist students with varying needs so they get the most out of their studies and make a difference in the lives of children and young people.
LEARN NEW SKILLS
Through a mix of theory and practical coursework, learn to:
- Contribute to the preparation and implementation of educational programs
- Support students to develop literacy and numeracy skills
- Work with children and young people with diverse needs
- Contribute to the health, safety and wellbeing of students
- Support responsible behaviour
DEVELOP YOUR TALENT
Develop the attributes to help you get ahead:
- Well-developed communication and interpersonal skills
- Patience and a sense of responsibility
- Empathy and a passion for helping others learn
- A customer service focus
- Strong organisational skills
ACHIEVE YOUR GOALS
Completing this course provides you with:
- A nationally recognised qualification at Certificate III level
- A strong pathway to continue your study and enhance your career opportunities
- Teacher's aide
- School learning support officer in public and private schools
- Education support worker in community education services
- Home tutor
- Support worker
- Outside school hours educator
GROW YOUR CAREER
Take your career further with the:
- Certificate IV in Education Support
- Diploma of Early Childhood Education and Care
- Diploma of School Age Education and Care
Discover the skills you need, for the job you want at a TAFE NSW Information Session.
We offer student services and study support to ensure you can achieve your goals. Learn about TAFE NSW Student Services
As a TAFE NSW student in this course, you will have access to:
- LinkedIn Learning (formerly Lynda.com)
- Smarthinking - after hours online study support service
- Easy computing online short courses
- Access to local TAFE libraries
- Accessibility and Disability Support Services
- Access to Read&Write learning support software at TAFE and at home
An individual training plan will be provided when you enrol in this course. Your plan will outline the recommended study timetable and detail your units and assessments.
This is a fully government-subsidised JobTrainer course. Eligibility criteria applies.
SMART AND SKILLED FEES
This course is government-subsidised, meaning you pay a portion of the full course fee to TAFE NSW and the NSW Government will pay the balance. However, you must meet certain eligibility criteria for this to apply.
Depending on your previous qualifications and experience, your fee may be less than the maximum fee quoted. Your actual fee and eligibility for concession/exemption will be calculated and confirmed during the enrolment process. Payment plans are available through TAFE NSW for Smart and Skilled eligible qualifications.
For further information about eligibility and explanations of the different fee categories, visit Are You Eligible?
READ BEFORE YOU ENROL
Learn about TAFE NSW Fees
Learn about TAFE NSW Payment/Funding
Recognition is a process of acknowledging previously completed qualifications, skills, knowledge or experience relevant to your course. This may reduce the amount of learning required, reduce your course fees and allow you to achieve your qualification faster.
Learn about Recognition at TAFE NSW Recognition
Enrolling with us is easy, though the exact process does depend on your course and any prerequisites that go with it. Be sure to read all course information carefully to make sure it is the right qualification, location and study type for you. Enrol and pay online via our secure payment gateway to secure your place. As you progress through the enrolment process you will be prompted to provide additional information.
For further information or assistance, call 131 601.
If you are interested in studying as a Trainee please call 131 601 for full details. (only if available as a trainee)
|CHCDIV001||Work with diverse people|
|CHCEDS033||Meet legal and ethical obligations in an education support environment|
|CHCEDS034||Contribute to the planning and implementation of educational programs|
|CHCEDS035||Contribute to student education in all developmental domains|
|CHCEDS036||Support the development of literacy and oral language skills|
|CHCEDS037||Support the development of numeracy skills|
|CHCEDS057||Support students with additional needs in the classroom|
|CHCEDS059||Contribute to the health, safety and wellbeing of students|
|CHCEDS060||Work effectively with students and colleagues|
|CHCEDS061||Support responsible student behaviour|
|BSBPEF401||Manage personal health and wellbeing|
|CHCECE054||Encourage understanding of Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander peoples' cultures|
|CHCEDS041||Set up and sustain learning areas|
|CHCEDS042||Provide support for e-learning|
|CHCEDS048||Work with students in need of additional learning support|
|CHCEDS050||Support Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander education|
|CHCEDS056||Provide support to students with autism spectrum disorder|
|CHCPRT001||Identify and respond to children and young people at risk|
|HLTAID012||Provide First Aid in an education and care setting|
|HLTWHS001||Participate in workplace health and safety|
Whether you're a school leaver, an aspiring apprentice, looking to kickstart a career, or you're upskilling, reskilling, or re-training, there's a TAFE NSW course to give you the skills you need for the job you want.Enrol Now
Phone 131 601
Download Course Brochure
Enter your details to make an enquiry and receive the course brochure
22OTE-066 S:01 Jul 2022 E:30 Jun 2023 D:364