Course Start Date
13 Hours per week
- Nationally Recognised Training
- Traineeship Allowed
- This training is fully government-subsidised under JobTrainer
The nationally recognised Certificate IV in School Based Education Support gives you a competitive edge for gaining employment as a student learning and support officer. Support students with empathy and care as you make a real difference in their lives and help them reach their full potential.
LEARN NEW SKILLS
Through a mix of theory and practical course work, learn to:
- Support students in their literacy and mathematics studies
- Apply curriculum and support learning
- Reflect on and improve your own professional practice
- Work with school students with additional needs including autism spectrum disorder
- Understand and respond to behaviours
DEVELOP YOUR TALENT
Develop the attributes to help you get ahead:
- Well-developed communication and interpersonal skills
- Patience and a sense of responsibility
- A caring nature and are passionate about helping others learn
- Strong organisational skills
ACHIEVE YOUR GOALS
Completing this provides you with:
- A nationally recognised qualification at Certificate IV level
- A strong pathway to continue your study and enhance your career opportunities
- Student learning and support officer in public and private schools
- Team leader opportunities in support learning
- Education support worker in community education services
- Home tutor
GROW YOUR CAREER
Take your career further with the:
- Diploma of School Age Education and Care
Discover the skills you need, for the job you want at a TAFE NSW Information Session.
This is a self paced, online course. You must attend approximately 13 hours of class. You may also be required to complete approximately 4 hours of additional study. This additional study could include private study, work placements and research.
The course will run for 18 months.
We offer student services and study support to ensure you can achieve your goals. Learn about TAFE NSW Student Services
As a TAFE NSW student in this course, you will have access to:
- LinkedIn Learning (formerly Lynda.com)
- Smarthinking - after hours online study support service
- Easy computing online short courses
- Access to local TAFE libraries
- Accessibility and Disability Support Services
- Access to Read&Write learning support software at TAFE and at home
An individual training plan will be provided when you enrol in this course. Your plan will outline the recommended study timetable and detail your units and assessments.
This is a fully government-subsidised JobTrainer course. Eligibility criteria applies.
SMART AND SKILLED FEES
This course is government-subsidised, meaning you pay a portion of the full course fee to TAFE NSW and the NSW Government will pay the balance. However, you must meet certain eligibility criteria for this to apply.
Depending on your previous qualifications and experience, your fee may be less than the maximum fee quoted. Your actual fee and eligibility for concession/exemption will be calculated and confirmed during the enrolment process. Payment plans are available through TAFE NSW for Smart and Skilled eligible qualifications.
For further information about eligibility and explanations of the different fee categories, visit Are You Eligible?
READ BEFORE YOU ENROL
Learn about TAFE NSW Fees
Learn about TAFE NSW Payment/Funding
Recognition is a process of acknowledging previously completed qualifications, skills, knowledge or experience relevant to your course. This may reduce the amount of learning required, reduce your course fees and allow you to achieve your qualification faster.
Learn about Recognition at TAFE NSW Recognition
Enrolling with us is easy, though the exact process does depend on your course and any prerequisites that go with it. Be sure to read all course information carefully to make sure it is the right qualification, location and study type for you. Enrol and pay online via our secure payment gateway to secure your place. As you progress through the enrolment process you will be prompted to provide additional information.
For further information or assistance, call 131 601.
If you are interested in studying as a Trainee please call 131 601 for full details. (only if available as a trainee)
|CHCDIV001||Work with diverse people|
|CHCECE054||Encourage understanding of Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander peoples' cultures|
|CHCEDS033||Meet legal and ethical obligations in an education support environment|
|CHCEDS045||Support student mathematics learning|
|CHCEDS046||Support student literacy learning|
|CHCEDS047||Assist in facilitation of student learning|
|CHCEDS048||Work with students in need of additional learning support|
|CHCEDS051||Facilitate learning for students with disabilities|
|CHCEDS056||Provide support to students with autism spectrum disorder|
|CHCEDS058||Support the implementation of behaviour plans|
|CHCEDS059||Contribute to the health, safety and wellbeing of students|
|CHCPRP003||Reflect on and improve own professional practice|
|CHCPRT001||Identify and respond to children and young people at risk|
|CHCEDS042||Provide support for e-learning|
|CHCEDS049||Supervise students outside the classroom|
|CHCEDS050||Support Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander education|
|CHCEDS053||Assist in production of language resources|
|CHCPRP001||Develop and maintain networks and collaborative partnerships|
|HLTAID012||Provide First Aid in an education and care setting|
|HLTWHS001||Participate in workplace health and safety|
Whether you're a school leaver, an aspiring apprentice, looking to kickstart a career, or you're upskilling, reskilling, or re-training, there's a TAFE NSW course to give you the skills you need for the job you want.Enrol Now
Phone 131 601
Download Course Brochure
Enter your details to make an enquiry and receive the course brochure
22OTE-112 S:01 Jul 2022 E:30 Jun 2023 D:364