Course Start Date
9 Hours per week
- Nationally Recognised Training
- Traineeship Allowed
- This training is fully government-subsidised under JobTrainer
The nationally recognised Certificate III in Health Administration provides you with the tools to kick-start your career in the Health industry. Whether you are wanting to work as a health assistant, support worker or therapy aide, this course will give you the theoretical and practical knowledge to do so.
LEARN NEW SKILLS
Through a mix of theory and practical coursework, learn to:
- Define and apply medical terminology appropriately
- Facilitate the empowerment of people with disabilities, mental health challenges, diverse backgrounds and those experiencing, or at risk of, homelessness
- Comply with infection prevention and control policies and procedures
DEVELOP YOUR TALENT
Develop the attributes to help you get ahead:
- An interest in the health industry
- The ability to follow routines and procedures
- The autonomy to work independently
- Good communication, customer service and technical skills
- Great time management and organisational skills
ACHIEVE YOUR GOALS
Completing this course provides you with:
- A strong pathway to continue your study and enhance your career opportunities
- Health assistant
- Support worker
- Therapy aid
- Health administrative worker
- Clinical coding check
- Admissions clerk (health services)
GROW YOUR CAREER
Take your career further with the:
- Certificate IV in Health Administration
- Diploma of Practice Management
- Certificate II in Business
Discover the skills you need, for the job you want at a TAFE NSW Information Session.
This is a self-paced, online course. You will need to complete approximately 8 hours of online study, each week, for your enrolment duration of 18 months.
You can increase the hours of online study per week to complete the course sooner.
As well as the online component, there is a requirement to do (equivalent of) 5 hours of face to face or other study. A 1-2 days face to face workshop or work placement is necessary to complete a range of practical assessment tasks.
You may also be required to complete approximately 9 hours of additional study each week outside of online study hours, including research and private study.
IS THIS COURSE RIGHT FOR YOU?
This course offering is designed for people who:
- may be new entrants or existing workers from either health or non health industries
- would like to work as health administration assitants or administrators within health or related industries
- are from a wide variety of age groups and ethnicities
- have good level of language and literacy
- will be able to work independently with little supervision
We offer student services and study support to ensure you can achieve your goals. Learn about TAFE NSW Student Services
As a TAFE NSW student in this course, you will have access to:
- LinkedIn Learning (formerly Lynda.com)
- Smarthinking - after hours online study support service
- Easy computing online short courses
- Access to local TAFE libraries
- Accessibility and Disability Support Services
- Access to Read&Write learning support software at TAFE and at home
An individual training plan will be provided when you enrol in this course. Your plan will outline the recommended study timetable and detail your units and assessments.
This is a fully government-subsidised JobTrainer course. Eligibility criteria applies.
SMART AND SKILLED FEES
This course is government-subsidised, meaning you pay a portion of the full course fee to TAFE NSW and the NSW Government will pay the balance. However, you must meet certain eligibility criteria for this to apply.
Depending on your previous qualifications and experience, your fee may be less than the maximum fee quoted. Your actual fee and eligibility for concession/exemption will be calculated and confirmed during the enrolment process. Payment plans are available through TAFE NSW for Smart and Skilled eligible qualifications.
For further information about eligibility and explanations of the different fee categories, visit Are You Eligible?
You may continue with an enrolment into this course if you are not eligible for subsidised training, however the full training fee will be applicable. There are conditions to enrolment if you are a Temporary Visa Holder. To discuss your visa status and eligibility to enrol please phone 131 601.
For further information on fees and charges please see https://www.tafensw.edu.au/get-started-at-tafe-nsw/fees-information
Please ensure you also read and understand the associated fee policies and conditions related to withdrawal from a course, applying for a refund of fees, applying for a deferral to your studies and if you are behind in payment of instalments.
You will need to provide for yourself the following resources which you will keep when you complete your study:
- textbooks, as recommended for the course
READ BEFORE YOU ENROL
Learn about TAFE NSW Fees
Learn about TAFE NSW Payment/Funding
Recognition is a process of acknowledging previously completed qualifications, skills, knowledge or experience relevant to your course. This may reduce the amount of learning required, reduce your course fees and allow you to achieve your qualification faster.
Learn about Recognition at TAFE NSW Recognition
Enrolling with us is easy, though the exact process does depend on your course and any prerequisites that go with it. Be sure to read all course information carefully to make sure it is the right qualification, location and study type for you. Enrol and pay online via our secure payment gateway to secure your place. As you progress through the enrolment process you will be prompted to provide additional information.
For further information or assistance, call 131 601.
If you are interested in studying as a Trainee please call 131 601 for full details. (only if available as a trainee)
|BSBMED301||Interpret and apply medical terminology appropriately|
|CHCCOM005||Communicate and work in health or community services|
|CHCDIV001||Work with diverse people|
|HLTINF001||Comply with infection prevention and control policies and procedures|
|HLTWHS001||Participate in workplace health and safety|
|CHCPRP003||Reflect on and improve own professional practice|
|BSBINN201||Contribute to workplace innovation|
|BSBMED302||Prepare and process medical accounts|
|BSBMED303||Maintain patient records|
|BSBCUS301||Deliver and monitor a service to customers|
|CHCCCS020||Respond effectively to behaviours of concern|
|HLTAID011||Provide First Aid|
Whether you're a school leaver, an aspiring apprentice, looking to kickstart a career, or you're upskilling, reskilling, or re-training, there's a TAFE NSW course to give you the skills you need for the job you want.Enrol Now
Phone 131 601
Download Course Brochure
Enter your details to make an enquiry and receive the course brochure
22OTE-113 S:01 Jul 2022 E:30 Jun 2023 D:364