Course Start Date
31 May 2022
20 Hours per week
- Nationally Recognised Training
- VET Student Loans Available
The nationally accredited Diploma in Audiomentry is the perfect course for those who want to enrich the lives of others and improve their hearing. Enabling you to be qualified as a audiometrist working in medical or industrial contexts, this course is your first step to a rewarding career.
LEARN NEW SKILLS
Through a mix of theory and practical coursework, learn to:
- Assess and respond to occupational noise risks
- Conduct hearing assessments to identify hearing impairment
- Act and provide solutions based on test results
- Provide first aid and comply with infection prevention and control policies and procedures
DEVELOP YOUR TALENT
Develop the attributes to help you get ahead:
- Great communication skills
- Eagerness to work with people
- Collaboration and teamwork
- Audiometrist (working in medical or industrial contexts)
Discover the skills you need, for the job you want at a TAFE NSW Information Session.
There are no information sessions currently scheduled for this course.
This is an online course. You will need to complete approximately 17 hours of online study, each week, for your enrolment duration of 2 years.
You can increase the hours of online study per week to complete the course sooner.
You can also expect to complete approximately 3 hours of additional study each week outside of online study hours, including independent study, research, practise and assignments.
IS THIS COURSE RIGHT FOR YOU?
This course offering is designed for people who:
- are well organised and have good time management skills
- have good digital skills
- have a good level of literacy
- expect to be able to work independently on completion of this course
This qualification reflects the role of audiometrists who conduct hearing assessments to identify hearing impairment and take action based on results.
SERVICES AND STUDY SUPPORT
We offer student services and study support to ensure you can achieve your goals. Learn about TAFE NSW Student Services
As a TAFE NSW student in this course, you will have access to:
- LinkedIn Learning (formerly Lynda.com)
- Smarthinking - after hours online study support service
- Easy computing online short courses
- Access to local TAFE libraries
- Accessibility and Disability Support Services
- Access to Read&Write learning support software at TAFE and at home
An individual training plan will be provided when you enrol in this course. Your plan will outline the recommended study timetable and detail your units and assessments.
PAYMENT OPTIONS AND ASSISTANCE
This course is approved for a Commonwealth VET Student Loan (VSL). If you meet the VSL eligibility and academic suitability requirements, you are able to apply to the Commonwealth for a loan to cover all or part of your course fee. We will ask you whether you would like to apply for a VET Student Loan when you enrol and advise you of the process.
Find out more about VET Student Loans (https://www.tafensw.edu.au/vet-student-loans).
Direct payment by Unit of Study instalments is available for this course.
The Units of Study and associated fees for this course are detailed below. Fees are charged on the census day for each Unit of Study. To secure a loan for part or all of your course, you must be eligible and submit a valid application to the Commonwealth for a VET Student Loan. You may withdraw prior to the census date without incurring a fee.
To complete your VET Student Loan application, you will need to provide:
- Your Tax File Number (TFN). If you dont have a TFN, click here for information on how to apply for one. You can complete your loan application with a Certificate of Application for a TFN, but must provide your TFN as soon as it is issued. If you dont provide your TFN before your first census day, you will need to pay the tuition fees for that unit of study.
- Your Commonwealth Higher Education Student Support Number (CHESSN) ). If you have previously accessed a loan via the Higher Education Loan Program (HELP), either at TAFE or university, you will already have a CHESSN. You must use the same CHESSN whenever you access a student loan. If you dont have CHESSN, we will allocate one on your behalf.
- A copy of your Australian Year 12 Certificate; OR
- A copy of a certificate showing that you have been awarded a qualification at level 4 or above in the Australian Qualifications Framework (where the language of instruction was English). If you previously completed a Certificate IV or higher qualification at TAFE NSW, just let us know where and when you studied in your application; OR
- Display competence at Exit Level 3 in the Australian Core Skills Framework in both reading and numeracy through an approved Language, Literacy and Numeracy test. We will let you know if this is required once you apply.
READ BEFORE YOU ENROL
Learn about TAFE NSW Fees
Learn about TAFE NSW Payment/Funding
Recognition is a process of acknowledging previously completed qualifications, skills, knowledge or experience relevant to your course. This may reduce the amount of learning required, reduce your course fees and allow you to achieve your qualification faster.
Learn about Recognition at TAFE NSW Recognition
|Code||Name||Start Date||End Date||Census Date||Amount|
|UOS VSL-HLT57415-22OTE-066||UOS VSL-HLT57415||31 May 2022||27 Jan 2023||01 Aug 2022||$2,300.00|
|UOS VSL-HLT57415-22OTE-067||UOS VSL-HLT57415||31 May 2022||29 Sep 2023||03 Apr 2023||$2,300.00|
|UOS VSL-HLT57415-22OTE-068||UOS VSL-HLT57415||31 May 2022||31 May 2024||04 Dec 2023||$2,300.00|
Applying with us is easy, though the exact process does depend on your course and any prerequisites that go with it. Be sure to read all course information carefully to make sure it is the right qualification, location and study type for you. As you progress through the application and enrolment process you will be prompted to provide additional information.
For further information or assistance, call 131 601.
|HLTAID003||Provide first aid|
|HLTAID011||Provide First Aid|
|CHCCOM006||Establish and manage client relationships|
|CHCDIV001||Work with diverse people|
|CHCEDU008||Share health information|
|CHCLEG001||Work legally and ethically|
|HLTAAP002||Confirm physical health status|
|HLTAUD004||Develop and implement individual hearing rehabilitation programs|
|HLTAUD005||Dispense hearing devices|
|HLTINF001||Comply with infection prevention and control policies and procedures|
|HLTWHS003||Maintain work health and safety|
|BSBCUS301||Deliver and monitor a service to customers|
|BSBFLM303||Contribute to effective workplace relationships|
|BSBINM301||Organise workplace information|
|BSBINN301||Promote innovation in a team environment|
|BSBLDR402||Lead effective workplace relationships|
|BSBMKG413||Promote products and services|
|BSBRES401||Analyse and present research information|
|BSBWOR404||Develop work priorities|
|CHCAGE001||Facilitate the empowerment of older people|
|CHCDIV002||Promote Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander cultural safety|
|CHCPOL003||Research and apply evidence to practice|
|HLTINF002||Process reusable medical devices and equipment|
|HLTAHW061||Engage in community health research|
|HLTAUD002||Conduct play audiometry|
|HLTAUD003||Assess and respond to occupational noise risk|
Whether you're a school leaver, an aspiring apprentice, looking to kickstart a career, or you're upskilling, reskilling, or re-training, there's a TAFE NSW course to give you the skills you need for the job you want.Apply Now
Phone 131 601
Download Course Brochure
Enter your details to make an enquiry and receive the course brochure