Course Start Date
12 Hours per week
- Nationally Recognised Training
- Traineeship Allowed
- This training is fully government-subsidised under JobTrainer
The nationally recognised Certificate II in Applied Digital Technologies prepares you with digital skills. Learn how to use computer operating systems, identify online security threats, and create spreadsheets and presentations.
LEARN NEW SKILLS
Through a mix of theory and practical coursework, learn to:
- Use computer operating systems and hardware
- Identify cyber security threats
- Install and use software
- Operate a digital media technology
DEVELOP YOUR TALENT
Develop the attributes to help you get ahead:
- A positive approach to problem-solving
- An analytical mind
- Communication and interpersonal skills
- Collaboration skills and the ability to work independently
ACHIEVE YOUR GOALS
Completing this course provides you with:
- A strong pathway to continue your study and enhance your career opportunities
- A nationally recognised qualification at Certificate II level
- After completing a Certificate III in Information Technology, you'll be qualified for information technology roles such as service technician, helpdesk officer or data entry assistant
GROW YOUR CAREER
Take your career further with the:
- Certificate III in Information Technology
- Certificate IV in Information Technology
- Diploma of Information Technology
Discover the skills you need, for the job you want at a TAFE NSW Information Session.
This is a full time course. You must attend approximately 12 hours of class. You may also be required to complete approximately 2 hours of additional study. This additional study could include private study, work placements and research.
The course will run 2 days a week for 18 weeks.
We offer student services and study support to ensure you can achieve your goals. Learn about TAFE NSW Student Services
As a TAFE NSW student in this course, you will have access to:
- LinkedIn Learning (formerly Lynda.com)
- Smarthinking - after hours online study support service
- Easy computing online short courses
- Access to local TAFE libraries
- Accessibility and Disability Support Services
- Access to Read&Write learning support software at TAFE and at home
The way you learn may change during your enrolment to ensure the best learning experience or to keep you safe as COVID-19 restrictions change, and some of our face to face classes may change to online or virtual classroom learning. Also, to ensure that we keep you safe while studying, we may modify our face to face classes to meet physical distancing requirements and increased cleaning on campus. If work placement and the demonstration of practical skills are requirements of your course, there may be a modification or delay in the planned timeframe due to COVID-19 impacts. Be assured, we'll keep you informed every step of the way.
This course is currently scheduled on Monday, and Wednesday with day classes. This timetable may change and will be confirmed by your teacher.
This is a fully government-subsidised JobTrainer course. Eligibility criteria applies.
SMART AND SKILLED FEES
This course is government-subsidised, meaning you pay a portion of the full course fee to TAFE NSW and the NSW Government will pay the balance. However, you must meet certain eligibility criteria for this to apply.
Depending on your previous qualifications and experience, your fee may be less than the maximum fee quoted. Your actual fee and eligibility for concession/exemption will be calculated and confirmed during the enrolment process. Payment plans are available through TAFE NSW for Smart and Skilled eligible qualifications.
For further information about eligibility and explanations of the different fee categories, visit Are You Eligible?
READ BEFORE YOU ENROL
Learn about TAFE NSW Fees
Learn about TAFE NSW Payment/Funding
Recognition is a process of acknowledging previously completed qualifications, skills, knowledge or experience relevant to your course. This may reduce the amount of learning required, reduce your course fees and allow you to achieve your qualification faster.
Learn about Recognition at TAFE NSW Recognition
|BSBSUS211||Participate in sustainable work practices|
|BSBTEC202||Use digital technologies to communicate in a work environment|
|BSBWHS211||Contribute to the health and safety of self and others|
|ICTICT213||Use computer operating systems and hardware|
|ICTICT214||Operate application software packages|
|ICTICT215||Operate digital media technology packages|
|BSBXCS301||Protect own personal online profile from cyber security threats|
|ICTICT216||Design and create basic organisational documents|
|ICTICT221||Identify and use specific industry standard technologies|
|ICTSAS214||Protect devices from spam and destructive software|
Whether you're a school leaver, an aspiring apprentice, looking to kickstart a career, or you're upskilling, reskilling, or re-training, there's a TAFE NSW course to give you the skills you need for the job you want.
Phone 131 601
Download Course Brochure
Enter your details to make an enquiry and receive the course brochure