Course Start Date
6 Hours per week
- Nationally Recognised Training
- Traineeship Allowed
- This training is fully government-subsidised under JobTrainer
The nationally accredited Certificate IV in Information Technology (Programming) gives you the skills you need to launch your career as a software and applications programmer. Develop a range of programming skills and be up to date with emerging trends and technologies.
LEARN NEW SKILLS
Through a mix of theory and practical coursework, learn to:
- Use introductory programming techniques
- Identify and resolve client information and communications technology (ICT) issues
- Contribute to cyber security risk management
- Work within IP, ethics and privacy policies
- Build data-driven applications and basic mobile apps
DEVELOP YOUR TALENT
Develop the attributes to help you get ahead:
- An analytical mind
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- The ability to collaborate as part of a team
- Problem solving and critical thinking skills
ACHIEVE YOUR GOALS
Completing this course provides you with:
- A nationally recognised qualification at Certificate IV level
- Programming skills that can be applied to a number of roles and industries
- A strong pathway to continue your study and enhance your career opportunities
- Analyst programmer
- Web programmer
- Software support technician
- ICT technical officer
- Junior developer
GROW YOUR CAREER
Take your career further with the:
- Diploma of Information Technology
- Advanced Diploma of Information Technology
- Bachelor of Information Technology (Data Engineering, Network Security or Cyber Security) with TAFE NSW Degrees
Discover the skills you need, for the job you want at a TAFE NSW Information Session.
This is a part time virtual classroom course. You must attend approximately 6 hours of class. You may also be required to complete approximately 4 hours of additional study. This additional study could include private study, work placements and research.
The course will run 1 days a week for 2 years.
We offer student services and study support to ensure you can achieve your goals. Learn about TAFE NSW Student Services
As a TAFE NSW student in this course, you will have access to:
- LinkedIn Learning (formerly Lynda.com)
- Smarthinking - after hours online study support service
- Easy computing online short courses
- Access to local TAFE libraries
- Accessibility and Disability Support Services
- Access to Read&Write learning support software at TAFE and at home
The way you learn may change during your enrolment to ensure the best learning experience or to keep you safe as COVID-19 restrictions change, and some of our face to face classes may change to online or virtual classroom learning. Also, to ensure that we keep you safe while studying, we may modify our face to face classes to meet physical distancing requirements and increased cleaning on campus. If work placement and the demonstration of practical skills are requirements of your course, there may be a modification or delay in the planned timeframe due to COVID-19 impacts. Be assured, we'll keep you informed every step of the way.
This course is currently scheduled on Tuesday with day classes from 9.00am to 3.30pm for first two semesters then Thursday with day classes from 9.00am to 3.30pm thereafter. This timetable may change and will be confirmed by your teacher.
This is a fully government-subsidised JobTrainer course. Eligibility criteria applies.
SMART AND SKILLED FEES
This course is government-subsidised, meaning you pay a portion of the full course fee to TAFE NSW and the NSW Government will pay the balance. However, you must meet certain eligibility criteria for this to apply.
Depending on your previous qualifications and experience, your fee may be less than the maximum fee quoted. Your actual fee and eligibility for concession/exemption will be calculated and confirmed during the enrolment process. Payment plans are available through TAFE NSW for Smart and Skilled eligible qualifications.
For further information about eligibility and explanations of the different fee categories, visit Are You Eligible?
READ BEFORE YOU ENROL
Learn about TAFE NSW Fees
Learn about TAFE NSW Payment/Funding
Recognition is a process of acknowledging previously completed qualifications, skills, knowledge or experience relevant to your course. This may reduce the amount of learning required, reduce your course fees and allow you to achieve your qualification faster.
Learn about Recognition at TAFE NSW Recognition
|BSBCRT404||Apply advanced critical thinking to work processes|
|BSBXCS404||Contribute to cyber security risk management|
|ICTICT426||Identify and evaluate emerging technologies and practices|
|ICTICT443||Work collaboratively in the ICT industry|
|ICTICT451||Comply with IP, ethics and privacy policies in ICT environments|
|ICTPRG302||Apply introductory programming techniques|
|ICTSAS432||Identify and resolve client ICT problems|
|ICTDBS416||Create basic relational databases|
|ICTPRG431||Apply query language in relational databases|
|ICTPRG436||Develop mobile applications|
|ICTPRG439||Use pre-existing components|
|ICTPRG441||Apply skills in object-oriented design|
|ICTPRG444||Analyse software requirements|
|ICTSAD501||Model data objects|
|ICTICT449||Use version control systems in development environments|
|ICTPRG430||Apply introductory object-oriented language skills|
|ICTPRG433||Test software developments|
|ICTPRG437||Build a user interface|
|ICTPRG440||Apply introductory programming skills in different languages|
Computer Technician,Client Support Officer (ICT),Network Operations Technician,Software Support Technician,Technical Officer (ICT)
Whether you're a school leaver, an aspiring apprentice, looking to kickstart a career, or you're upskilling, reskilling, or re-training, there's a TAFE NSW course to give you the skills you need for the job you want.
Phone 131 601
Download Course Brochure
Enter your details to make an enquiry and receive the course brochure