Course Start Date
31 Jan 2022
9 Hours per week
- Nationally Recognised Training
- Traineeship Allowed
- This training is subsidised by the NSW Government
This qualification reflects the specialisation of Web Development and the role of individuals who are job ready and competent in a wide range of information and communications technology (ICT) roles and apply a broad range of skills in varied work contexts, using problem solving skills and effective communication with others.
The skills required for these roles may include, but are not restricted to:
- database development: interpreting specifications, technical designs and flow charts, modifying software applications, constructing technical specifications from models and testing, and writing technical documents
- database maintenance: managing, cleaning, storing and verifying organisational data, and evaluating compliance with internal and external data ethics regulations and legislation
- gaming development: creating 2D and 3D modelling and animation software through scripts and storyboards
- networking: installing, configuring and testing networks and servers in organisations
- programming: building, testing and applying basic object-oriented language skills, user interfaces and software developments
- systems administration support: implementing maintenance procedures and support to help troubleshoot system applications
- web development: designing website layouts through textual and visual content transfer, search engine optimisation and simple markup language documents.
Discover the skills you need, for the job you want at a TAFE NSW Information Session.
This is a part time on campus course. You must attend approximately 9 hours of class. You may also be required to complete approximately 5 hours of additional study. This additional study could include private study, work placements and research.
The course will run 3 days a week for 36 weeks.
We offer student services and study support to ensure you can achieve your goals. Learn about TAFE NSW Student Services
As a TAFE NSW student in this course, you will have access to:
- LinkedIn Learning (formerly Lynda.com)
- Smarthinking - after hours online study support service
- Easy computing online short courses
- Access to local TAFE libraries
- Accessibility and Disability Support Services
- Access to Read&Write learning support software at TAFE and at home
The way you learn may change during your enrolment to ensure the best learning experience or to keep you safe as COVID-19 restrictions change, and some of our face to face classes may change to online or virtual classroom learning. Also, to ensure that we keep you safe while studying, we may modify our face to face classes to meet physical distancing requirements and increased cleaning on campus. If work placement and the demonstration of practical skills are requirements of your course, there may be a modification or delay in the planned timeframe due to COVID-19 impacts. Be assured, we'll keep you informed every step of the way.
This course is currently scheduled on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday with evening classes. This timetable may change and will be confirmed by your teacher.
SMART AND SKILLED FEES
This course is government-subsidised, meaning you pay a portion of the full course fee to TAFE NSW and the NSW Government will pay the balance. However, you must meet certain eligibility criteria for this to apply.
Depending on your previous qualifications and experience, your fee may be less than the maximum fee quoted. Your actual fee and eligibility for concession/exemption will be calculated and confirmed during the enrolment process. Payment plans are available through TAFE NSW for Smart and Skilled eligible qualifications.
For further information about eligibility and explanations of the different fee categories, visit Are You Eligible?
READ BEFORE YOU ENROL
Learn about TAFE NSW Fees
Learn about TAFE NSW Payment/Funding
Recognition is a process of acknowledging previously completed qualifications, skills, knowledge or experience relevant to your course. This may reduce the amount of learning required, reduce your course fees and allow you to achieve your qualification faster.
Learn about Recognition at TAFE NSW Recognition
Enrolling with us is easy, though the exact process does depend on your course and any prerequisites that go with it. Be sure to read all course information carefully to make sure it is the right qualification, location and study type for you. Enrol and pay online via our secure payment gateway to secure your place. As you progress through the enrolment process you will be prompted to provide additional information.
For further information or assistance, call 131 601.
If you are interested in studying as a Trainee please call 131 601 for full details. (only if available as a trainee)
|ICTICT426||Identify and evaluate emerging technologies and practices|
|ICTWEB434||Transfer content to websites|
|ICTWEB431||Create and style simple markup language documents|
|ICTWEB433||Confirm accessibility of websites|
|ICTWEB443||Implement search engine optimisations|
|ICTWEB450||Evaluate and select a web hosting service|
|ICTWEB452||Create a markup language document|
|BSBCRT404||Apply advanced critical thinking to work processes|
|ICTWEB432||Design website layouts|
|ICTSAS432||Identify and resolve client ICT problems|
|BSBXCS404||Contribute to cyber security risk management|
|ICTICT443||Work collaboratively in the ICT industry|
|ICTICT451||Comply with IP, ethics and privacy policies in ICT environments|
|ICTPRG302||Apply introductory programming techniques|
|ICTWEB441||Produce basic client-side script|
|ICTWEB444||Create responsive website layouts|
|ICTWEB445||Implement content management systems|
|ICTWEB451||Apply structured query language in relational databases|
|ICTWEB430||Produce server-side script for dynamic web pages|
|ICTDBS416||Create basic relational databases|
Client Support Officer (ICT)
Network Operations Technician
Software Support Technician
Technical Officer (ICT)
Whether you're a school leaver, an aspiring apprentice, looking to kickstart a career, or you're upskilling, reskilling, or re-training, there's a TAFE NSW course to give you the skills you need for the job you want.Enrol Now
205 Peats Ferry Road, Hornsby
Phone 131 601
Download Course Brochure
Enter your details to make an enquiry and receive the course brochure