Course Start Date
20 Hours per week
- Nationally Recognised Training
- Traineeship Allowed
- This training is subsidised by the NSW Government
- VET Student Loans Available
The nationally recognised Diploma of Information Technology (Back End Web Development and Front End Web Development) allows you to gain specialist skills in web development. Advance your IT career as you move into more senior web developer roles.
LEARN NEW SKILLS
Through a mix of theory and practical course work, learn to:
- Lead and facilitate a team
- Build webpages and websites
- Implement quality assurance processes
- Develop website information architecture
- Manage client problems
DEVELOP YOUR TALENT
Develop the attributes to help you get ahead:
- Good presentation skills
- An investigative approach to problem-solving
- An analytical mind
- Communication and interpersonal skills
- A collaborative team-player work style
ACHIEVE YOUR GOALS
Completing this course provides you with:
- A nationally recognised qualification at Diploma level
- Skills in two specialised areas of the IT industry
- Confidence leading teams and solving client problems
- Strong pathways to continue your studies and enhance your career opportunities
- Web administrator
- Website developer
GROW YOUR CAREER
Take your career further with the:
- Advanced Diploma of Information Technology
- Bachelor of Information Technology (Network Security) with TAFE NSW Degrees
Discover the skills you need, for the job you want at a TAFE NSW Information Session.
This is a full time, combination delivery course. You must attend approximately 20 hours of class. You may also be required to complete approximately 15 hours of additional study. This additional study could include private study, work placements and research.
The course will run 5 days a week, for 18 weeks.
We offer student services and study support to ensure you can achieve your goals. Learn about TAFE NSW Student Services
As a TAFE NSW student in this course, you will have access to:
- LinkedIn Learning (formerly Lynda.com)
- Smarthinking - after hours online study support service
- Easy computing online short courses
- Access to local TAFE libraries
- Accessibility and Disability Support Services
- Access to Read&Write learning support software at TAFE and at home
The way you learn may change during your enrolment to ensure the best learning experience or to keep you safe as COVID-19 restrictions change, and some of our face to face classes may change to online or virtual classroom learning. Also, to ensure that we keep you safe while studying, we may modify our face to face classes to meet physical distancing requirements and increased cleaning on campus. If work placement and the demonstration of practical skills are requirements of your course, there may be a modification or delay in the planned timeframe due to COVID-19 impacts. Be assured, we'll keep you informed every step of the way.
This course is currently scheduled on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday, with day classes, and Wednesday, with morning classes. This timetable may change and will be confirmed by your teacher.
SMART AND SKILLED FEES
This course is government-subsidised, meaning you pay a portion of the full course fee to TAFE NSW and the NSW Government will pay the balance. However, you must meet certain eligibility criteria for this to apply.
Depending on your previous qualifications and experience, your fee may be less than the maximum fee quoted. Your actual fee and eligibility for concession/exemption will be calculated and confirmed during the enrolment process.
For further information about eligibility and explanations of the different fee categories, visit Are You Eligible?
PAYMENT OPTIONS AND ASSISTANCE
This course is approved for a Commonwealth VET Student Loan (VSL). If you meet the VSL eligibility and academic suitability requirements, you are able to apply to the Commonwealth for a loan to cover all or part of your course fee. We will ask you whether you would like to apply for a VET Student Loan when you enrol and advise you of the process.
To complete your VET Student Loan application, you will need to provide:
- Your Tax File Number (TFN). If you dont have a TFN, click here for information on how to apply for one. You can complete your loan application with a Certificate of Application for a TFN, but must provide your TFN as soon as it is issued. If you dont provide your TFN before your first census day, you will need to pay the tuition fees for that unit of study.
- Your Commonwealth Higher Education Student Support Number (CHESSN) ). If you have previously accessed a loan via the Higher Education Loan Program (HELP), either at TAFE or university, you will already have a CHESSN. You must use the same CHESSN whenever you access a student loan. If you dont have CHESSN, we will allocate one on your behalf.
- A copy of your Australian Year 12 Certificate; OR
- A copy of a certificate showing that you have been awarded a qualification at level 4 or above in the Australian Qualifications Framework (where the language of instruction was English). If you previously completed a Certificate IV or higher qualification at TAFE NSW, just let us know where and when you studied in your application; OR
- Display competence at Exit Level 3 in the Australian Core Skills Framework in both reading and numeracy through an approved Language, Literacy and Numeracy test. We will let you know if this is required once you apply.
You will need to provide for yourself the following resources which you will keep when you complete your study:
- textbooks: $100.00 per semester
- website hosting fees and charges: $300.00 per semester
Find out more about VET Student Loans
Direct payment by Unit of Study instalments is available for this course.
The Units of Study and associated fees for this course are detailed above. Fees are charged on the census day for each Unit of Study. To secure a loan for part or all of your course, you must be eligible and submit a valid application to the Commonwealth for a VET Student Loan. You may withdraw prior to the census date without incurring a fee.
READ BEFORE YOU ENROL
Learn about TAFE NSW Fees
Learn about TAFE NSW Payment/Funding
Recognition is a process of acknowledging previously completed qualifications, skills, knowledge or experience relevant to your course. This may reduce the amount of learning required, reduce your course fees and allow you to achieve your qualification faster.
Learn about Recognition at TAFE NSW Recognition
|BSBCRT512||Originate and develop concepts|
|BSBXCS402||Promote workplace cyber security awareness and best practices|
|BSBXTW401||Lead and facilitate a team|
|ICTICT517||Match ICT needs with the strategic direction of the organisation|
|ICTICT532||Apply IP, ethics and privacy in ICT environments|
|ICTSAS527||Manage client problems|
|ICTICT530||Design user experience solutions|
|ICTWEB513||Build dynamic websites|
|ICTWEB514||Create dynamic web pages|
|ICTWEB518||Build a document using extensible markup language|
|ICTWEB519||Develop complex web page layouts|
|ICTWEB520||Develop complex cascading style sheets|
|ICTICT523||Gather data to identify business requirements|
|ICTWEB517||Create web-based programs|
|ICTWEB527||Research and apply emerging web technology trends|
|ICTDBS507||Integrate databases with websites|
|ICTPRG553||Create and develop REST APIs|
|ICTPRG554||Manage data persistence using noSQL data stores|
|ICTWEB522||Develop website information architecture|
|ICTWEB525||Implement quality assurance process for websites|
Whether you're a school leaver, an aspiring apprentice, looking to kickstart a career, or you're upskilling, reskilling, or re-training, there's a TAFE NSW course to give you the skills you need for the job you want.
Phone 131 601
Download Course Brochure
Enter your details to make an enquiry and receive the course brochure