Course Start Date
02 Mar 2020
Hours Per Week
- Nationally Recognised Training
- Apprenticeship Allowed
- This training is subsidised by the NSW Government
- VET Student Loans Available
The qualification applies to individuals seeking the grant of a Civil Aviation Safety Authority (CASA) B2 Aircraft Maintenance Engineer Licence covering the supervision, performance and certification of avionic maintenance on aircraft that are type-rated by CASA for maintenance purposes.
The qualification satisfies CASA requirements for the grant, under Civil Aviation Safety Regulation (CASR) Part 66, of Aircraft Maintenance Engineer Licence B2 when the skills and knowledge requirements align with CASA syllabus requirements in the Companion Volume CASA Interface and training has been delivered in accordance with the requirements of CASR Part 147. It consists of:
- common and technical stream units required at Certificate IV level in the aircraft maintenance stream
- additional Diploma level common and imported units that cover supervisor level work health and safety (WHS) competency plus competencies required by CASA for the exercise of licence privileges
- Diploma level avionic technical stream units covering advanced fault diagnosis and aircraft weight and balance calculation.
Credits are also provided towards the MEA50318 Diploma of Aviation Maintenance Management (Avionics) and the MEA60118 Advanced Diploma of Aviation Maintenance Management (Avionics).
This is a flexible, blended delivery course. You will need to attend approximately 17 hours of class, over 5 days a week for 2 years. As well as the in-class component, you will need to complete approximately 5 hours of other study per week.
You may also be required to complete approximately 2 hours of additional study each week outside of class hours, including assessment preparation for 1 hour per week.
IS THIS COURSE RIGHT FOR YOU?
This course offering is designed for people who:
- are employed with the Aircraft Maintenance Sector and are hopeful of attaining a CASA licence.
SERVICES AND STUDY SUPPORT
We offer student services and study support to ensure you can achieve your goals. Learn about TAFE NSW Student Services
As a TAFE NSW student in this course, you will have access to:
- LinkedIn Learning (formerly Lynda.com)
- Studiosity - online access to a real life tutor
- Easy computing online short courses
- Access to local TAFE libraries
This course is currently scheduled on Monday to Friday from 9.00am to 4.00pm for 2 years. This timetable will be confirmed by your teacher. Attendance is Block release - updated attendance schedules will be sent each Semester.
SMART AND SKILLED FEES
This course is government-subsidised, meaning you pay a portion of the full course fee to TAFE NSW and the NSW Government will pay the balance. However, you must meet certain eligibility criteria for this to apply.
Depending on your previous qualifications and experience, your fee may be less than the maximum fee quoted. Your actual fee and eligibility for concession/exemption will be calculated and confirmed during the enrolment process.
For further information about eligibility and explanations of the different fee categories, visit Are You Eligible?
PAYMENT OPTIONS AND ASSISTANCE
This course is approved for a Commonwealth VET Student Loan (VSL). If you meet the VSL eligibility and academic suitability requirements, you are able to apply to the Commonwealth for a loan to cover all or part of your course fee. We will ask you whether you would like to apply for a VET Student Loan when you enrol and advise you of the process.
To complete your VET Student Loan application, you will need to provide:
- Your Tax File Number (TFN). If you dont have a TFN, click here for information on how to apply for one. You can complete your loan application with a Certificate of Application for a TFN, but must provide your TFN as soon as it is issued. If you dont provide your TFN before your first census day, you will need to pay the tuition fees for that unit of study.
- Your Commonwealth Higher Education Student Support Number (CHESSN) ). If you have previously accessed a loan via the Higher Education Loan Program (HELP), either at TAFE or university, you will already have a CHESSN. You must use the same CHESSN whenever you access a student loan. If you dont have CHESSN, we will allocate one on your behalf.
- A copy of your Australian Year 12 Certificate; OR
- A copy of a certificate showing that you have been awarded a qualification at level 4 or above in the Australian Qualifications Framework (where the language of instruction was English). If you previously completed a Certificate IV or higher qualification at TAFE NSW, just let us know where and when you studied in your application; OR
- Display competence at Exit Level 3 in the Australian Core Skills Framework in both reading and numeracy through an approved Language, Literacy and Numeracy test. We will let you know if this is required once you apply.
You will need to provide the following resources which are retained on completion of study:
- PPE approximately $100 - $200,
- Text books approximately $600
Find out more about VET Student Loans
Direct payment by Unit of Study instalments is available for this course.
The Units of Study and associated fees for this course are detailed above. Fees are charged on the census day for each Unit of Study. To secure a loan for part or all of your course, you must be eligible and submit a valid application to the Commonwealth for a VET Student Loan. You may withdraw prior to the census date without incurring a fee.
READ BEFORE YOU ENROL
Learn about TAFE NSW Fees
Learn about TAFE NSW Payment/Funding
Recognition is a process of acknowledging previously completed qualifications, skills, knowledge or experience relevant to your course. This may reduce the amount of learning required, reduce your course fees and allow you to achieve your qualification faster.
Learn about Recognition at TAFE NSW Recognition
|Code||Name||Start Date||End Date||Census Date||Amount|
|20PAD00145||UOS 1 Diploma of Aeroskills (Avionics)||02 Mar 2020||22 May 2020||06 Apr 2020||$719.00|
|20PAD00148||UOS 2 Diploma of Aeroskills (Avionics)||18 May 2020||07 Aug 2020||06 Jul 2020||$719.00|
|20PAD00151||UOS 3 Diploma of Aeroskills (Avionics)||10 Aug 2020||23 Oct 2020||07 Sep 2020||$719.00|
|20PAD00154||UOS 4 Diploma of Aeroskills (Avionics)||26 Oct 2020||15 Jan 2021||07 Dec 2020||$719.00|
|21PAD00047||UOS 5 Diploma of Aeroskills (Avionics)||11 Jan 2021||02 Apr 2021||01 Feb 2021||$719.00|
|21PAD00050||UOS 6 Diploma of Aeroskills (Avionics)||06 Apr 2021||18 Jun 2021||03 May 2021||$719.00|
|21PAD00053||UOS 7 Diploma of Aeroskills (Avionics)||21 Jun 2021||10 Sep 2021||02 Aug 2021||$719.00|
|21PAD00056||UOS 8 Diploma of Aeroskills (Avionics)||06 Sep 2021||26 Nov 2021||05 Oct 2021||$717.00|
Enrolling with us is easy, though the exact process does depend on your course and any prerequisites that go with it. Be sure to read all course information carefully to make sure it is the right qualification, location and study type for you. As you progress through the application and enrolment process you will be prompted to provide additional information.
For further information or assistance, call 13 7974.
Find out more about Applying and Enrolling
|MEA107||Interpret and use aviation maintenance industry manuals and specifications|
|MEA111||Perform administrative processes to prepare for certification of civil aircraft maintenance|
|MEA112||Plan and implement civil aircraft maintenance activities|
|MEA113||Supervise civil aircraft maintenance activities and manage human resources in the workplace|
|MEA116||Apply work health and safety procedures at supervisor level in aviation maintenance|
|MEA118||Conduct self in the aviation maintenance environment|
|MEA142||Manage self in the aviation maintenance environment|
|MEA148||Apply mathematics and physics in aviation maintenance|
|MEA154||Apply work health and safety practices in aviation maintenance|
|MEA155||Plan and organise aviation maintenance work activities|
|MEA156||Apply quality standards during aviation maintenance activities|
|MEA157||Complete aviation maintenance industry documentation|
|MEA158||Perform basic hand skills, standard trade practices and fundamentals in aviation maintenance|
|MEA201||Remove and install miscellaneous aircraft electrical hardware/components|
|MEA203||Remove and install advanced aircraft electrical system components|
|MEA206||Remove and install aircraft basic radio communication and navigation system components|
|MEA223||Inspect aircraft electrical systems and components|
|MEA224||Inspect aircraft instrument systems and components|
|MEA226||Inspect aircraft electronic systems and components|
|MEA227||Test and troubleshoot aircraft electrical systems and components|
|MEA228||Test and troubleshoot aircraft instrument systems and components|
|MEA229||Test and troubleshoot aircraft radio frequency navigation and communications systems and components|
|MEA232||Test and troubleshoot aircraft pulse systems and components|
|MEA235||Perform advanced troubleshooting in aircraft avionic maintenance|
|MEA241||Perform aircraft weight and balance calculations as a result of modifications|
|MEA246||Fabricate and/or repair aircraft electrical hardware or parts|
|MEA292||Remove and install advanced aircraft instrument system components|
|MEA293||Remove and install aircraft electronic system components|
|MEA296||Use electrical test equipment in aviation maintenance activities|
|MEA301||Perform aircraft flight servicing|
|MSMENV472||Implement and monitor environmentally sustainable work practices|
|MEA225||Inspect fixed wing aircraft automatic flight control systems and components|
|MEA230||Test and troubleshoot fixed wing aircraft automatic flight control systems and components|
|MEA231||Inspect, test and troubleshoot rotary wing aircraft automatic flight control systems and components|
Whether you're a school leaver, an aspiring apprentice, looking to kickstart a career, or you're upskilling, reskilling, or re-training, there's a TAFE NSW course to give you the skills you need for the job you want.Enrol Now
Raine Road, Padstow
Phone 131 601
Download Course Brochure
Enter your details to make an enquiry and receive the course brochure