Course Start Date
12.4 Hours per week
- Nationally Recognised Training
- Traineeship Allowed
- This training is subsidised by the NSW Government
The nationally recognised Certificate IV in Kitchen and Bathroom Design will launch your career as a kitchen and bathroom designer. Use your eye for detail and creative flair for interiors to help renovate bathrooms and kitchens. This course will qualify you to work with leading companies or start your own business.
LEARN NEW SKILLS
Through theoretical and practical course work learn to:
- Plan kitchen and bathroom projects
- Research and recommend materials for kitchens and bathrooms
- Produce digital models for interior design projects
DEVELOP YOUR TALENT
Develop the attributes to get ahead in this industry:
- An interest in manufacturing design, principles and concepts
- The ability to prepare documents and briefs for clients
- An eye for detail
ACHIEVE YOUR GOALS
Completing this course will provide you with:
- A nationally accredited qualification at Certificate IV level
- A strong pathway to enhance your career opportunities
- Skills and knowledge to start your own business
Our graduates to move into job roles like:
- Interior designer
- Kitchen and bathroom designer
GROW YOUR CAREER
Take your career further with the:
- Bachelor of Design (Interior Design) with TAFE NSW degrees.
There are no information sessions currently scheduled for this course
This is a Part Time Day course. You will need to attend approximately 7.1 hours of class, 1 day a week, for 38 weeks. As well as the in-class component, you will need to complete approximately 5.3 hours of other study per week.
You may also be required to complete approximately 7 hours of additional study each week outside of class hours, including private study, research, assignment preparation.
IS THIS COURSE RIGHT FOR YOU?
This course offering is designed for people who:
- are individuals who design kitchens and bathrooms that typically feature built-in cabinetry and furniture.
- work in larger organisations or as independent designers.
SERVICES AND STUDY SUPPORT
TAFE NSW provides the following services to ensure a supported and successful learning environment for all students:
- Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander Student Support and Services
- Accessibility and Disability Services
- Personal Counselling
- Vocational Counselling
- Learning Support
- International Student Support
- Multicultural Support
We offer student services and study support to ensure you can achieve your goals. Learn about TAFE NSW Student Services
As a TAFE NSW student in this course, you will have access to:
- LinkedIn Learning (formerly Lynda.com)
- Smarthinking - after hours online study support service
- Easy computing online short courses
- Access to local TAFE libraries
- Accessibility and Disability Support Services
- Access to Read&Write learning support software at TAFE and at home
The way you learn may change during your enrolment to ensure the best learning experience or to keep you safe as COVID-19 restrictions change, and some of our face to face classes may change to online or virtual classroom learning. Also, to ensure that we keep you safe while studying, we may modify our face to face classes to meet physical distancing requirements and increased cleaning on campus. If work placement and the demonstration of practical skills are requirements of your course, there may be a modification or delay in the planned timeframe due to COVID-19 impacts. Be assured, we'll keep you informed every step of the way.
This course is currently scheduled on Wednesday, from 9.00am to 3.30pm. This timetable may change and will be confirmed by your teacher.
SMART AND SKILLED FEES
This course is government-subsidised, meaning you pay a portion of the full course fee to TAFE NSW and the NSW Government will pay the balance. However, you must meet certain eligibility criteria for this to apply.
Depending on your previous qualifications and experience, your fee may be less than the maximum fee quoted. Your actual fee and eligibility for concession/exemption will be calculated and confirmed during the enrolment process. Payment plans are available through TAFE NSW for Smart and Skilled eligible qualifications.
For further information about eligibility and explanations of the different fee categories, visit Are You Eligible?
You will need to provide for yourself the following resources which you will keep when you complete your study:
- Student will be required to bring to class a personal laptop or tablet device to complete documents while learning.
- USB storage device
- Pens and paper for note taking
- Tape measure
READ BEFORE YOU ENROL
Learn about TAFE NSW Fees
Learn about TAFE NSW Payment/Funding
Recognition is a process of acknowledging previously completed qualifications, skills, knowledge or experience relevant to your course. This may reduce the amount of learning required, reduce your course fees and allow you to achieve your qualification faster.
Learn about Recognition at TAFE NSW Recognition
|MSFID4022||Prepare quotation and contract documentation for design projects|
|MSFFM3011||Measure and draw site layout for manufactured furniture products|
|MSFID4014||Produce digital models and documentation for interior design projects|
|MSFKB3010||Detail cabinet construction requirements|
|MSFKB4011||Design ancillary residential cabinetry|
|MSFKB4016||Research and recommend materials, components and finishes for bathroom designs|
|MSFKB4015||Research and recommend materials, components and finishes for kitchen designs|
|MSFKB4009||Determine spatial planning considerations for kitchen design|
|MSFKB3011||Plan kitchen and bathroom projects|
|MSFKB4010||Determine spatial planning considerations for bathroom design|
|MSFKB4013||Document residential building services|
|MSFFT4009||Match furnishing style and materials to customer requirements|
|MSFID5023||Design for all ages and abilities|
|MSFKB4012||Determine layout for laundry components|
|MSFID4015||Prepare materials and finishes boards for client presentation|
|MSFID4013||Design residential interior lighting|
Kitchen and Bathroom Designer,Interior Designer
Whether you're a school leaver, an aspiring apprentice, looking to kickstart a career, or you're upskilling, reskilling, or re-training, there's a TAFE NSW course to give you the skills you need for the job you want.
266 Maitland Road, Tighes Hill
Phone 131 601
Download Course Brochure
Enter your details to make an enquiry and receive the course brochure